Cigarettes in Lebanon, 2017
Cigarettes in Lebanon, 2017, is an analytical report by Canade which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Lebanese market.
Lebanon currently has a population of over 6.2 million people, after having been swollen in recent years by an influx of refugees as a result of the crisis in neighboring Syria and the country is still being affected by the impact of the ongoing crisis in Syria, with the economy slowly recovering, but growth is subdued. Real GDP growth is reported at just 1% a year in 2015 and 2016, but expected to pick up to 2% in 2017 and 2.5% in 2018. Lebanon gained a new President and Prime Minister in late 2016 and the outlook is slowly improving. After a period of deflation in 2015 and 2016, consumer price inflation is projected at about 2% a year for the next two years. There was a substantial drop in legitimate cigarette sales in 2015, volume falling by just over 30% to 8.22 billion pieces, largely due to a substantial drop in sales of imported brands but provisional figures indicate an increase of 15.6% to 9.50 billion pieces in 2016, assisted by a sharp reduction in smuggling.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise.
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers, leading brands along with company profiles.
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habit and the growing health concerns affecting overall production.
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2015 to 2025.
Reasons to buy
- Régie Libanaise des Tabacs et Tombacs (RLTT) is the only manufacturer in the country and still holds a legal monopoly over production, importation, and distribution, which is channeled through 550 licensed retailers and wholesalers that distribute both domestic and imported products.
- The main international players operating in the market are PMI, Imperial Tobacco, BAT, and JTI, although Von Eicken, KT&G, and some others also feature.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- As consumers’ product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of the Irish market is crucial to ensuring maximum future sales.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
- 1. Overview
- 2. Market Size
- 3. Market Structure
- 4. Manufacturers & Brands
- 5. Taxation & Retail Prices
- 5.1. Taxation
- 5.2. Retail Prices
- 6. The Smoking Population
- 7. Production & Trade
- 7.1. Production
- 7.2. Imports
- 7.3. Exports
- 8. Operating constraints
- 8.1. Advertising Restrictions
- 8.2. Health Warnings
- 8.3. Government Restrictions
- 9. Company Profiles
- 10. Prospects & Forecasts
- 11. Appendix
- 11.1. What is this Report About?
- 11.2. Time Frame
- 11.3. Product Category Coverage
- 11.4. Methodology
- 11.5. About GlobalData
- 11.6. Disclaimer
- 11.7. Contact Us
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2016
- Table 2: Inland v Cross-Border Sales, 2009-2014, Million Pieces
- Table 3: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2016
- Table 4: Market Segmentation: Domestic v Imported Cigarettes, Million Pieces, 2007-2015
- Table 5: Market Segmentation: Domestic v Imported Cigarettes, % of Total, 2007-2015
- Table 6: Market Breakdown: Blond v Dark, 2000-2006, Million Pieces
- Table 7: Market Breakdown: Blond v Dark, 2000-2006, % Breakdown
- Table 8: Cigarettes by Length: % of Total, 1998-2005
- Table 9: Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, Million Pieces, 2000-2016
- Table 10: Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, % Volume, 2000-2016
- Table 11: Retail Prices, LBP
- Table 12: Smoking Population, 1990-2016
- Table 13: Cigarette Production, 1990-2015
- Table 14: Cigarette Imports, 1995-2014
- Table 15: Imports by Country of Origin, Million Pieces, 2000-2014
- Table 16: Imports by Country of Origin, % of Total, 2000-2014
- Table 17: Exports of Cigarettes, 2003-2014
- Table 18: Company profile: Régie Libanaise des Tabacs et Tombacs SAL
- Table 19: Consumption Forecasts to 2025
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Methodology
- Figure 2: GlobalData at a glance