Cigarettes in Kyrgyzstan, 2019
Cigarettes in Kyrgyzstan, 2019, is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Kyrgyzstani tobacco market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2028.
Trade sources indicate that the overall market for cigarettes in Kyrgyzstan has recently been as large as 8-8.5 billion pieces per annum, including illegal supplies. However, the true market size is difficult to determine due to the very substantial levels of private imports and non-duty paid cigarettes reaching the market through cross border trade. Estimates of overall consumption are largely dependent on what estimates are made on the level of non-duty paid supplies and unrecorded imports entering the market.
Reasons to buy
- Per capita consumption of cigarettes was estimated to have averaged 1,106 pieces in 1990, but then fell steadily through the early and mid-1990s after the collapse of the former Soviet Union.
- Domestically produced cigarettes recorded a dramatic fall in their share since 2009, when they held 70% of sales, to account for only a third of sales in 2011 and a 10th of sales in 2013. The market has been dominated by imports since 2015.
- Following the closure of the Reemtsma Kyrgyzstan OJSC factory in 2014, there has been no local production.
- Import duty is applicable to cigarettes entering Kyrgyzstan and stands at €2 per 1,000 pieces for Most Favored Nations (April 2019).
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning. The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers. Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
- 1. Overview
- 2. Market Size
- 3. Market Structure
- 4. Manufacturers & Brands
- 5. Taxation & Retail Prices
- 5.1. Taxation
- 5.2. Retail Prices
- 6. The Smoking Population
- 7. Production &Trade
- 7.1. Production
- 7.2. Imports
- 7.3. Exports
- 8. Operating constraints
- 8.1. Advertising Restrictions
- 8.2. Health Warnings
- 8.3. Other Restrictions
- 9. Company Profiles
- 10. Prospects & Forecasts
- 11. Appendix
- 11.1. What is this Report About?
- 11.2. Time Frame
- 11.3. Product Category Coverage
- 11.4. Methodology
- 11.5. About GlobalData
- 11.6. Disclaimer
- 11.7. Contact Us
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2018
- Table 2: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2018
- Table 3: Manufacturer Sales, 2000-2018, Million Pieces
- Table 4: Manufacturer Market Share, 2000-2018, %
- Table 5: Excise Duty Rates, 2009-2014, KGS per 1,000
- Table 6: Summary of Cigarette Taxes & Duties, 2019
- Table 7: Smoking Population, 1990-2018
- Table 8: Smoking Prevalence by Gender & Age, 2000-2003, %
- Table 9: Cigarette Production, 1990-2014, Million Pieces
- Table 10: Cigarette Imports, 1990-2017, Million pieces
- Table 11: Imports by Country of Origin, 2007-2017, Million Pieces
- Table 12: Imports by Country of Origin, 2007-2017, %
- Table 13: Cigarette Imports, 2004-2017, Million pieces
- Table 14: Exports by Country of Destination, 2007-2017, Million Pieces
- Table 15: Exports by Country of Destination, 2007-2017, %
- Table 16: Reemtsma Kyrgyzstan OSJC
- Table 17: Consumption Forecasts, Million Pieces, 2018-2028
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Methodology
- Figure 2: GlobalData at a Glance