Cigarettes in Kyrgyzstan, 2017
Cigarettes in Kyrgyzstan, 2017, is an analytical report by Globaldata that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
The Kyrgyzstan cigarette market (including non-duty paid sales) is currently estimated at 8.5 billion pieces annually but duty paid consumption was 5.0 billion pieces in 2016 as a result of a tax hike impacting heavily on filter cigarette prices. Duty paid consumption is 0.9% above its 1900 levels. Per capita consumption (excluding non-duty paid sales) was 873 pieces in 2016. Smoking prevalence is split 55.5% of men and 7.1% of women in 2016, with evidence that smoking among both sexes is in gradual decline.
Reasons to buy
- The Kyrgyzstan cigarette market (including non-duty paid sales) is currently estimated at 8.5 billion pieces annually but duty paid consumption was 5.0 billion pieces in 2016 as a result of a tax hike impacting heavily on filter cigarette prices. Per capita consumption (excluding non-duty paid sales) was 873 pieces in 2016.
- Imperial with its Reemtsma-Kyrgyzstan subsidiary had been the clear market leader, although recently has lost the lead to JTI, which took 37.0% in 2016 compared to 7.0% for Imperial.
- Cigarettes volumes are set to fall by 2.4% between 2016 and 2026 to 5.18 billion pieces. Per capita consumption is set to fall back by 5.4% to 825 pieces in 2026.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
- 1. Overview
- 2. Market Size
- 3. Market Structure
- 4. Manufacturers & Brands
- 5. Taxation & Retail Prices
- 5.1. Taxation
- 5.2. Retail Prices
- 6. The Smoking Population
- 7. Production & Trade
- 7.1. Production
- 7.2. Imports
- 7.3. Exports
- 8. Operating constraints
- 8.1. Advertising Restrictions
- 8.2. Health Warnings
- 8.3. Other Restrictions
- 9. Company Profiles
- 10. Prospects & Forecasts
- 11. Appendix
- 11.1. What is this Report About?
- 11.2. Time Frame
- 11.3. Product Category Coverage
- 11.4. Methodology
- 11.5. About GlobalData
- 11.6. Disclaimer
- 11.7. Contact Us
- List of Tabless
- Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2016
- Table 2: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2016
- Table 3: Manufacturer Sales, 2000-2016, Million Pieces
- Table 4: Manufacturer Market Share, 2000-2016, %
- Table 5: Excise Duty Rates, 2009-2014, KGS per 1,000
- Table 6: Summary of Cigarette Taxes & Duties, 2017, Excise Duty
- Table 7: Smoking Population, 1990-2016
- Table 8: Smoking Prevalence by Gender & Age, 2000-2003, %
- Table 9: Cigarette Production, 1990-2015, Million pieces
- Table 10: Cigarette Imports, 1990-2015, Million pieces
- Table 11: Imports by Country of Origin, 2001-2015, Million Pieces
- Table 12: Imports by Country of Origin, 2001-2015, %
- Table 13: Exports by Country of Destination, 2004-2015, Million Pieces
- Table 14: Exports by Country of Destination, 2004-2015, %
- Table 15: Reemtsma Kyrgyzstan OSJC
- Table 16: Consumption Forecasts, Million pieces, 2016-2026
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Methodology 33
- Figure 2: GlobalData at a glance 35