Cigarettes in Jamaica, 2020
Cigarettes in Jamaica, 2020 is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the tobacco market in Jamaica. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2030.
The Jamaican cigarette market is small with duty paid consumption falling dramatically in recent years; it was estimated at 520 million pieces in 2019 which is 60% down on sales in 1990. Recent increases in Special Consumption Tax (SCT) in particular have done much to dent duty paid sales, stimulating the non-duty paid sector as well as loose tobacco use. A recent suspension of these increases appears to have brought about stability to the market since 2017. Per capita consumption, at 185 pieces in 2019, is 33.4% of that seen in 1990.
Reasons to Buy
- 2019 sales is forecast to reach 520 million pieces, to take volumes to 40% of their level in 1990.
- West Indies Tobacco Company is the leading manufacturer with sales and shares of 480 million pieces and 92.3% in 2019.
- Volumes are forecast down at 452 million pieces in 2030, which is 86.1% of their level in 2020. Per capita consumption is forecast at 164 pieces in 2030 or 12% down on their level in 2020.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers. Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
- 1. Overview
- 2. Market Size
- 3. Market Structure
- 4. Manufacturers & Brands
- 5. Taxation & Retail Prices
- 5.1. Taxation
- 5.2. Retail Prices
- 6. The Smoking Population
- 7. Production& Trade
- 7.1. Production
- 7.2. Imports
- 7.3. Exports/Re-Exports
- 8. Operating Constraints
- 8.1. Advertising Restrictions
- 8.2. Health Warnings
- 8.3. Other Restrictions
- 9. Prospects &Forecasts
- 10. Appendix
- 10.1. What is this Report About?
- 10.2. Time Frame
- 10.3. Product Category Coverage
- 10.4. Methodology
- 10.5. About GlobalData
- 10.6. Disclaimer
- 10.7. Contact Us
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2019, Million Pieces
- Table 2: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2019
- Table 3: Manufacturer Sales, 2000-2019, Million Pieces
- Table 4: Manufacturer Market Shares, 2000-2019, %
- Table 5: Brand Shares, 2001-2009, % Volume
- Table 6: Cigarette Retail Prices, 2003, 2006-2008 &2012, J$ per 20 Pack
- Table 7: Smoking Population, 1990-2019
- Table 8: Cigarette Production, 1994-2015, Million Pieces
- Table 9: Cigarettes Imports, Volume & Value, 1990-2019, Million Pieces & US$
- Table 10: Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin, 2009-2019, Million Pieces
- Table 11: Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin, 2007-2019, %
- Table 12: Exports of Cigarettes, 1990-2016, Million Pieces
- Table 13: Consumption Forecasts, 2020-2030, Million Pieces
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Methodology
- Figure 2: GlobalData at a Glance