Cigarettes in Indonesia, 2018
Cigarettes in Indonesia, 2018, is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in Indonesia.
Smoking has traditionally been widespread, desite tax increases driving up prices, and increased restrictions on public smoking, the smoking prevalence rate has continued to increase. Until recently, smoker numbers changed little, but a downward shift has occurred. There are currently 63.96 million adults smoking regularly or occasionally, with 67.4% of adult male and 4.5% female smokers in 2016, or 35.7% of the adult population. The smoking prevalence has been increasing in recent years. In per capita terms, legitimate consumption now averages around 1,186 pieces in 2017, compared with 1,050 pieces in 2000 and 857 pieces in 1990.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise.
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers, leading brands along with company profiles.
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habit and the growing health concerns affecting overall production.
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2017 to 2027.
Reasons to buy
- Market volume in 2017 was 18.5 billion pieces
- In per capita terms, Indonesian consumers consumed an average of 1,186 cigarettes in 2017.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- As consumers’ product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of the country's market is crucial to ensuring maximum future sales.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
1. Overview 2. Market Size 3. Market Structure 4. Manufacturers & Brands 5. Taxation & Retail 5.1. Taxation 5.2. Retail Prices 6. The Smoking Population 7. Production & Trade 7.1. Production 7.2. Imports 7.3. Exports 8. Operating Constraints 8.1. Advertising Restrictions 8.2. Health Warnings/ Labelling Requirements 8.3. Other Restrictions 9. Company Profiles 10. Prospects & Forecasts 11. Appendix 11.1. What is this Report About? 11.2. Time Frame 11.3. Product Category Coverage 11.4. Methodology 11.5. About GlobalData 11.6. Disclaimer 11.7. Contact Us List of TablesTable 1: Total Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2017 Table 2: White Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2017 Table 3: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2017 Table 4: Kreteks vs White Cigarettes, 1990-2017 Table 5: Kreteks: Machine vs Hand-Made, 2006-2016, Billion Pieces Table 6: Kreteks: Machine vs Hand-Made, 2000-2016, % Breakdown Table 7: Cigarette/Kretek Sales by Type, 2011-2013, % Table 8: Sales by Pack Type, Kreteks, 1996-2006, % Breakdown Table 4: Sales by Pack Type, White Cigarettes, 1996-2006, % Breakdown Table 4: Sales by Cigarette Size, Kreteks, 1996-2006, % Breakdown Table 4: Sales by Cigarette Size, White Cigarettes, 1996-2006, % Breakdown Table 9: Price Segmentation, 2011-2014, % Volume Table 4: Kreteks & White Cigarettes: Manufacturer Sales, 2000-2016, Million Pieces Table 4: Kreteks & White Cigarettes: Manufacturer Market Shares, 2002-2016, % Table 10: Kreteks: Manufacturer Sales, 2000-2016, Billion Pieces Table 11: Kreteks: Manufacturer Market Shares, 2000-2016, % Table 12: White Cigarettes: Manufacturer Sales, 2000-2016, Million Pieces Table 13: White Cigarettes: Manufacturer Market Shares, 2000-2016, % Table 14: Market Shares, Leading Brands, 2010-2016, % Total Market Volume Table 15: Top Ten Brand Families, 2012 & 2013, % Volume Table 16: Classification of Cigarette Manufacturers, 2002 Table 17: Tier Elimination, 2011-2013 Table 18: Excise Generation from Tobacco, RpTrillion, 1995-2015 Table 19: Retail Prices by Category, Rp, 2008 Table 20: Price List, 2014, Selling Price Per Pack, Rp Table 21: Smoking population,1990-2016 Table 22: Age of Smoker When Commenced Smoking, 1997 Table 23: Cigarette Production, 1990-2016 Table 24: Kretek Production by Type, 2009-2013, Billion Pieces Table 25: Cigarette Imports, 1990-2016 Table 26: Imports by Country of Origin, 2007-2016, Million Pieces Table 27: Imports by Country of Origin, 2007-2016, % Table 28: Exports of Cigarettes, 1990-2016, Million Pieces Table 29: Exports by Country of Destination, 2007-2016, Million Pieces Table 30: Exports by Country of Destination, 2007-2016, % Table 31: Company profile: PT Hanjaya Mandala Sampoerna Tbk (Sampoerna) Table 32: Company profile: PT Perusahaan Rokok Tjap Gudang Garam (Gudang Garam) Table 33: Company profile: PT Djarum Table 34: Company profile: PT Bentoel Internasional Investama Tbk (Bentoel Group) Table 35: Consumption Forecasts to 2027 List of FiguresFigure 1: Methodology Figure 2: GlobalData at a glance