Cigarettes in Ghana, 2018
Cigarettes in Ghana, 2018, is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in Ghana.
Smoking has traditionally been widespread, tax increases driving up prices, and increased restrictions on public smoking. There are currently 0.84 million adults smoking regularly or occasionally, with 10.5% of adult male and 0.4% female smokers in 2017, or 5.3% of the adult population. In per capita terms, legitimate consumption now averages around 47pieces in 2017, compared with 85 pieces in 2000 and 107 pieces in 1990.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise.
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers, leading brands along with company profiles.
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habit and the growing health concerns affecting overall production.
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2017 to 2027.
Reasons to buy
- Market volume in 2017 was 1.3 billion pieces
- In per capita terms, Ghanan consumers consumed an average of 47 cigarettes in 2017.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- As consumers’ product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of the country's market is crucial to ensuring maximum future sales.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
- Market Size
- Table Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2017
- Table Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2017
- Market Structure
- Table Market Breakdown by Type: Filter v Plain, 2006-2016, Million Pieces
- Table Market Breakdown by Type: Filter v Plain, 2006-2016, %
- Table Market Breakdown by Cigarette Length, %, 2006-2016
- Table Market Breakdown by Blend, %, 2006-2016
- Table Market Breakdown by Pack Type, %, 2006-2016
- Manufacturers & Brands
- Table Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, 2000-2017, Million Pieces
- Table Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, %, 2000-2017
- Taxation & Retail
- Table Excise Rates, 2008 & 2009, Cedi/Stick
- Retail Prices
- Table Retail Prices, Alcohol & Tobacco, % change, 2003-2016
- The Smoking Population
- Table Smoking Population, 1990-2017
- Table Cigarette Use by Age & Sex, 2014, %
- Production & Trade
- Table Cigarette Production, Million Pieces, 1990-2006
- Table Cigarette Imports, Million Pieces, 1990-2016
- Table Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin, 2006-2016, Million Pieces
- Table Cigarette Exports, Million Pieces, 1996-2016
- Operating constraints
- Advertising Restrictions
- Health Warnings
- Government Restrictions
- Prospects & Forecasts
- Table Consumption Forecasts, Million Pieces, 2017-2027
- What is this Report About?
- Time Frame
- Product Category Coverage
- Table Figure 1: Methodology
- About GlobalData
- Table Figure 2: GlobalData at a glance
- Contact Us