Cigarettes in El Salvador, 2017
Cigarettes in El Salvador, 2017, is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in El Salvador.
El Salvador is the smallest country in Central America but has one of the largest economies in the region and a population of 6.15 million people in 2016. Cigarette consumption in the legitimate duty paid market in 2015 was estimated to be 51.2% down on 1990 levels. Contraband has been a sporadic problem for the market, re-asserting its presence since 2012 and leading to a subsequent collapse in duty paid sales. In per capita terms, consumption was low in 2016.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise.
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers, leading brands along with company profiles.
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habit and the growing health concerns affecting overall production.
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2015 to 2025.
Reasons to buy
- 24.2% of adults are estimated to be smokers in 2016.
- Following the closure of BAT's Morazan facility in 1997, El Salvador has been completely supplied by imports.
- Cigarette sales are set to suffer as a result of the new, tougher, regulatory stance of the authorities towards smoking and the persistent presence of contraband from Belize.
- Volumes are forecast 28.8% lower in 2026 than 2016 levels. Per capita consumption is forecast 30.2% lower in 2026 than in 2016.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- As consumers’ product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of the country's market is crucial to ensuring maximum future sales.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
- 1. Overview
- 2. Market Size
- 3. Market Structure
- 4. Manufacturers & Brands
- 5. Taxation & Retail
- 5.1. Taxation
- 5.2. Retail Prices
- 6. The Smoking Population
- 7. Production & Trade
- 7.1. Production
- 7.2. Imports
- 7.3. Exports
- 8. Operating constraints
- 8.1. Advertising Restrictions
- 8.2. Health Warnings/Labeling Requirements
- 8.3. Other Restrictions
- 9. Prospects & Forecasts
- 10. Appendix
- 10.1. What is this Report About?
- 10.2. Time Frame
- 10.3. Product Category Coverage
- 10.4. Methodology
- 10.5. About GlobalData
- 10.6. Disclaimer
- 10.7. Contact Us
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2016
- Table 2: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2016
- Table 3: Manufacturer Sales, 2000-2016, Million Pieces
- Table 4: Manufacturer Market Shares, 2000-2016, % Volume
- Table 5: Smoking Population, 1990-2016
- Table 6: Cigarette Production, 1990-1998
- Table 7: Imports of Cigarettes, Volume & Value, 1990-2016
- Table 8: Imports by Country of Origin, Volume, 2000-2016, Million Pieces
- Table 9: Imports by Country of Origin, Volume, 2000-2016, % Breakdown
- Table 10: Consumption Forecasts, to 2026
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Methodology
- Figure 2: GlobalData at a glance