Cigarettes in Cuba, 2018
Cigarettes in Cuba, 2018, is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in Cuba.
Smoking has traditionally been widespread, however tax increases has been driving up prices, and increased restrictions on public smoking. There are currently 2.92 million adults smoking regularly or occasionally. In per capita terms, legitimate consumption now averages around 1,327 pieces in 2017, compared with 1,070 pieces in 2000 and 1,506 pieces in 1990.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise.
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers, leading brands along with company profiles.
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habit and the growing health concerns affecting overall production.
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2017 to 2027.
Reasons to buy
- Market volume in 2017 was 14.6 billion pieces
- In per capita terms, Cuban consumers consumed an average of 1,327 cigarettes in 2017.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- As consumers’ product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of the country's market is crucial to ensuring maximum future sales.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
- Market Size
- Table Cigarette Consumption, 1990–2017
- Table Per Capita Consumption, 1990–2017
- Table Cigarette Retail Sales, 2002–2016
- Market Structure
- Table Domestic & Foreign Currency Sales, 2002–2016, Million Pieces
- Table Domestic Sales by Type: Dark v Blond, 2010–2016, Billion Pieces
- Table Total Sales by Type, Dark v Blond, 2006–2016, Million Pieces
- Table Total Sales by Type, Dark v Blond, 2002–2013, Percentage Share (%)
- Table Volume Sales by Price Segment, 2008
- Manufacturers & Brands
- Table Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, 2000–2017, Billion Pieces
- Table Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, 2000–2017, Percentage Shares (%)
- Taxation & Retail Prices
- Retail Prices
- Table Retail Prices, 2008
- Table Development of Cigarette Prices, 1990–2010
- The Smoking Population
- Table Smoking Population, 1990–2017
- Production & Trade
- Table Cigarette Production, 1990–2016
- Table Production Trends by Type of Cigarette, 2006–2016, Billion Pieces
- Table Cigarette Imports, 1998–2016
- Table Imports by Country of Origin, 2010–2016, Million Pieces
- Table Imports by Country of Origin, 2010–2016, %
- Table Cigarette Exports, 1998–2016
- Operating Constraints
- Advertising Restrictions
- Health Warnings
- Other Restrictions
- Company Profiles
- Table Company Profile: Grupo Empresarial de Tabaco de Cuba (Tabacuba)
- Table Company Profile: Brascuba Cigarillos SA
- Prospects & Forecasts
- Table Consumption Forecasts to 2027
- What is this Report About?
- Time Frame
- Product Category Coverage
- Table Figure 1: Methodology
- About GlobalData
- Table Figure 2: GlobalData at a Glance
- Contact Us