Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia: Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2027
Chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) is a form of cancer that originates from lymphocytes in the bone marrow and later invades the blood and/or lymphoid tissues. CLL treatment has been transformed since the novel oral targeted agents Imbruvica (ibrutinib), Zydelig (idelalisib), and Venclexta (venetoclax) were introduced to the market from 2014 onwards and challenged the prior dominance of chemoimmunotherapy regimens. During the forecast period, the global CLL market will welcome five new drugs-Calquence (acalabrutinib), zanubrutinib, umbralisib, ublituximab, and Revlimid (lenalidomide).
It is estimated that the value of the CLL market in the 7MM (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, and Canada) in 2017 was $7.7B. Among these sales, 79.5% ($6.1B) were generated in the US, with the 5EU representing the next largest region by sales, with an estimated 18.5% ($1.4B). Canada contributed the smallest proportion of sales, at 2.0% ($157M) of the global CLL market. By 2027, the US is forecast to represent a similar proportion of the 7MM sales, at 79.6%. The 5EU and Canada will account for 18.3% and 2.0% of the 7MM CLL market, respectively.
It is projected that the CLL sales will rise to $9.2B in the seven major markets (7MM: US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, and Canada) by 2027, at a modest compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.8%. In particular, US CLL market is expected to grow more rapidly than the 5EU or Canada, increasing to $7.4B by 2027, at a still-modest CAGR of 1.9%. Sales in the other regions are also expected to increase by the end of the forecast period, with the 5EU and Canada having a CAGR of 1.7% and 1.8%, respectively.
This is driven by increasing incidence, driven primarily by aging populations, label expansions into the first-line setting for AbbVie/Roche’s Venclexta, frontline approval of the combination of AbbVie/Johnson & Johnson’s Imbruvica + Venclexta, and the increasing use of combination therapies instead of monotherapies or chemoimmunotherapy regimens. Generic and biosimilar erosion of some of the mainstays of CLL treatment is also expected during the forecast period, particularly the use of generic ibrutinib and biosimilar rituximab will lead to a decline in sales. A lack of innovative drugs in the late-stage pipeline with novel mechanisms of action means that next-generation agents are not expected to generate significant sales.
The report Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia: Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2027, answers the following key questions -
- Which pipeline agents are the most promising and expected to launch in the 7MM? What are the forecasted sales of these agents and what will be their impact in the CLL market?
- What are the main unmet needs in CLL, which pipeline drugs will fulfil these needs, and to what extent?
- What are the current research and development (R&D) strategies being explored and how can developers incorporate these methods into their business strategy?
- Key Opinions Leaders (KOLs) insights across the 7MM, relating to the current treatment options and opinions on the late and early stage pipeline agents
AbbVie, Acerta Pharma, ADC Therapeutics, Adlai Nortye Biopharma, Aptevo Therapeutics, ArQule, Asana BioSciences, Astellas, AstraZeneca, Bayer, BeiGene, Biogen Idec, BioInvent International, Boehringer Ingelheim, Boston Biomedical, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Celgene, Cellectar Biosciences, Celltrion, Celularity, Centaurus Biopharma, Cyclacel Pharmaceuticals, Dynavax Technologies, Eli Lilly, Esanex, Eureka Therapeutics, Genentech, Genmab, Genzyme, Gilead Sciences, GSK, Hoffmann-La Roche, Hybrigenics, Immunomedics, Incuron, Incyte, Innate Pharma, Innovative Cellular Therapeutics, Invectys, Johnson & Johnson, Juno Therapeutics, Karyopharm Therapeutics, Kiromic, Kite Pharma, LAM Therapeutics, Lundbeck, Mei Pharma, Merck & Co., Esanex, Eureka Therapeutics, Genentech, Genmab, Genzyme, Gilead Sciences, GSK, Hoffmann-La Roche, Hybrigenics, Immunomedics, Incuron, Incyte, Innate Pharma, Innovative Cellular Therapeutics, Invectys, Johnson & Johnson, Juno Therapeutics, Karyopharm Therapeutics, Kiromic, Kite Pharma, LAM Therapeutics, Lundbeck, Mei Pharma, Merck & Co., Millennium Pharmaceuticals, MingSight Pharmaceuticals, Miragen Therapeutics, Molecular Templates, MorphoSys, MundiPharma, Neon Therapeutics, Novartis, Oncternal Therapeutics, Pharmacyclics, Piqur Therapeutics, Portola Pharmaceuticals, Sanofi, Sunesis Pharmaceuticals, Surface Oncology, Teva, TG Therapeutics, Tolero Pharmaceuticals, Trillium Therapeutics, Verastem, Xencor, Zhejiang DTRM Biopharma, Ziopharm OncologyScope
Reasons to buy
- Overview of CLL, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and disease management.
- Annualized CLL therapeutics market revenue, cost of therapy per patient, and treatment usage patterns in seven geographic regions, forecast from 2017 to 2027.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping and implications for the CLL therapeutics market.
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data assessing emerging trends and mechanisms of action under development for CLL. The most promising candidates in late-stage development are profiled.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global CLL market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
The report will enable you to -
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global CLL market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global CLL market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.