Chinese Tech - Global Thematic Research
China’s government is intent on upgrading its manufacturing sector and leading the world in a range of advanced technologies. Implicit in its “Made in China 2025” 10-year plan is the notion that China will displace the US as the world’s dominant technological power.
The US is likely to remain a leader in all major advanced technologies over the next decade, with Baidu the only Chinese player equipped to challenge the US’s lead in next generation technologies such as AI. There are signs though, that China is closing the overall gap faster than we expected.
This report researches the state and thrust of Chinese technology over the next two to five years and what it implies for global technology investors.
Reasons to buy
- This report is part of our ecosystem of thematic investment research reports, supported by our “thematic engine”.
- About our Thematic Research Ecosystem
- GlobalData has developed a unique thematic methodology for valuing technology, media and telecom companies based on their relative strength in the big investment themes that are impacting their industry. Whilst most investment research is underpinned by backwards looking company valuation models, GlobalData’s thematic methodology identifies which companies are best placed to succeed in a future filled with multiple disruptive threats. To do this, GlobalData tracks the performance of the top 600 technology, media and telecom stocks against the 50 most important themes driving their earnings, generating 30,000 thematic scores. The algorithms in GlobalData’s “thematic engine” help to clearly identify the winners and losers within the TMT sector. Our 600 TMT stocks are categorised into 18 sectors. Each sector scorecard has a thematic screen, a risk screen and a valuation screen. Our thematic research ecosystem has a three-tiered reporting structure: single theme, multi-theme and sector scorecard. This report is a Multi-Theme report, covering all stocks, all sectors and all themes, giving readers a strong sense of how everything fits together and how conflicting themes might interact with one another.
- Our thematic investment research product, supported by our thematic engine, is aimed at senior (C-Suite) executives in the corporate world as well as institutional investors.
- Corporations: Helps CEOs in all industries understand the disruptive threats to their competitive landscape
- Investors: Helps fund managers focus their time on the most interesting investment opportunities in global TMT.
- Our unique differentiator, compared to all our rival thematic research houses, is that our thematic engine has a proven track record of predicting winners and losers.
- China and the industries of the future
- Shared transportation
- Electric vehicles
- Consumer electronics
- High performance computing
- Artificial intelligence
- Internet platforms
- Cloud infrastructure
- The China syndrome
- Why tech investors cannot ignore China
- The Millennial effect
- The Trump effect
- China by the numbers
- M&A activity
- Public companies
- Private companies
- China Tech Scorecard
- Who's who
- Table Who does what in the Chinese technology space?
- Thematic screen
- Table Thematic screen ranks companieson the basis of overall technology leadership in the ten technology cycles that matter most to their industry, generating a leading indicator of future earnings growth.
- Valuation screen
- Table Valuation screen ranks companies within a sector based on selected consensus valuation metrics.
- Risk Screen
- Table Risk screen ranks companies within a particular industry on the basis of overall investment risk.
- Appendix: Our "Thematic" research methodology
- Table Five-step approach for generating a sector scorecard