China Sports Broadcasting Media (Television and Telecommunications) Landscape
The China Media Landscape Report provides an overview of the television and telecommunications market in relation to sports broadcasting in China today, with top-level data and detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2025. The report analyses the television, mobile handset and residential fixed-line broadband sectors, as well as a review of major sports media rights.
- Pay-TV household penetration in China will grow from 111.7% in 2020 to an estimated 114.1% by 2025, primarily driven by the growth in the IPTV subscriptions.
- The three major mobile network operators
- China Mobile, China Telecom and China Unicom - accounted for 93.3% of the Chinese mobile market in 2020.
- China’s smartphone subscription penetration of population reached 81.6% in 2020. Over the forecast period, the smartphone subscription penetration of the population will increase to 94.1% by 2025, supported by increasing demand of mobile data services and availability of sub-$100 smartphones from domestic mobile device manufacturers.
Reasons to Buy
- Over the 2020-2025 forecast period, pay-TV households in China will grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.3%, from 525.2 million in 2020 to an estimated 559.7 million in 2025.
- 4G, the leading mobile technology in 2020 with a 75.7% share of total mobile subscriptions, will see its share drop to 27.1% of total mobile subscriptions by 2025, due to 5G adoption which is driven by expansion of 5G network coverage and promotion of discounts on 5G plans by MNOs.
- Residential fixed broadband lines will grow from 450.0 million in 2020 to 494.6 million by 2025, at a CAGR of 1.9%.
- This Sports Broadcasting Media Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of the Chinese television and telecommunications markets, and service providers in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in the Chinese pay-TV, mobile handset and residential fixed broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- Country statistics
- Population and household context
- Television and telecom services market outlook
- TV services market
- Mobile services market
- Fixed broadband services market
- Total telecom service revenue
- Competitive landscape snapshots
- Competitive landscape
- Additional resources
- Data tables
- Research methodology
- Country Intelligence Report coverage
- About GlobalData