Chile: Country Intelligence ReportDemographic and macroeconomic context in Chile.The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.Scope
Chile: Country Intelligence Report, a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Chile today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2023. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The telecom service revenue growth in the Chile over 2018-2023 will be driven by mobile data, fixed broadband, and pay-TV segments. Mobile data revenue will be driven by steady rise in smartphone subscriptions, operators’ focus on data centric offers to cater to the growing demand, and the expected launch of 5G services in 2021. Fixed broadband revenue will be led mainly by projected rises in higher-ARPU fiber-optic services. Pay-TV revenue will be supported by steady growth in DTH subscriptions and projected rises in IPTV subscriptions.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
Reasons to buy
- Overall telecom service revenue in Chile will grow at a CAGR of 3.2% in local currency (2.2% in US$) over 2018-2023.
- Mobile service revenue will account for 55% of total telecom revenue in 2023.
- 4G will become the most adopted mobile technology in 2019 and account for 70% of total mobile subscriptions in 2023.
- The top two mobile operators, Movistar Chile and Entel Chile will account for 63.2% of overall mobile subscriptions estimated for 2018.
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of the Chile’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in the Chile’s mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in the Chile’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in the Chile.
- Market highlights
- Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
- Regulatory context
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook
- Total telecom service revenue
- Mobile services market
- Fixed services market
- Pay-TV services market
- Competitive landscape and company snapshots
- Competitive landscape
- Additional resources
- Baseline forecast assumptions
- Data tables
- Research methodology
- Country Intelligence Report coverage
- About GlobalData