The Cards and Payments Industry in Germany: Emerging Trends and Opportunities to 2021
GlobalData’s The Cards and Payments Industry in Germany: Emerging Trends and Opportunities to 2021 report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights into the German cards and payments industry, including -
- Current and forecast values for each market in the German cards and payments industry, including debit, credit and charge cards.
- Detailed insights into payment instruments including credit transfers, direct debits, cash transactions, checks and payment cards. It also, includes an overview of the country's key alternative payment instruments.
- E-commerce market analysis and payment methods.
- Analysis of various market drivers and regulations governing the German cards and payments industry.
- Detailed analysis of strategies adopted by banks and other institutions to market debit, credit and charge cards.
- Comprehensive analysis of consumer attitudes and buying preferences for cards.
- The competitive landscape in the German cards and payments industry.
This report provides detailed analysis of market trends in the German cards and payments industry. It provides values and volumes for a number of key performance indicators in the industry, including credit transfers, direct debits, check payments, payment cards and cash transactions during the review period (2012-2016).
The report also analyzes various payment card markets operating in the industry, and provides detailed information on the number of cards in circulation, and transaction values and volumes during the review period and over the forecast period (2017-2021). It also offers information on the country's competitive landscape, including the market shares of issuers and schemes.
The report brings together GlobalData’s research, modeling, and analysis expertise to allow banks and card issuers to identify segment dynamics and competitive advantages. The report also covers details of regulatory policy and recent changes in the regulatory structure.
To increase financial access to the under and unbanked populations, Bafin - the banking and financial services regulator - announced mandatory free basic accounts to all Germans as part of the new Payment Account Acts (Zahlungskontengesetz - ZKG) in 2016. Under the terms, basic accounts must be provided to all citizens including those with no permanent address, asylum seekers and those without a permit of residence. All accountholders will be offered basic functionality including a payment card, credit transfer facilities and the ability to pay direct debits.
To offer secured and convenient online payments, German Savings Banks Association (DSGV) launched its own online payment solution, Paydirekt in November 2015. It allows customers of participating banks to pay for online purchases directly from their checking accounts, thereby eliminating the need for any third-party payment processors.
The emergence of digital-banks is likely to accelerate the shift away from cash. Telecom service provider Telefónica Deutschland partnered with Fidor Bank to launch a mobile-only bank in July 2016. Customers using the O2 banking app can conduct transactions such as P2P transfers and apply for loans. Upon opening of the account, customers receive Mastercard debit card. Other mobile-only banks such as N26 and Fidor Bank are active in the German market.Scope
Reasons to buy
- This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the German cards and payments industry.
- It provides current values for the German cards and payments industry for 2016, and forecast figures to 2021.
- It details the different demographic, economic, infrastructural and business drivers affecting the German cards and payments industry.
- It outlines the current regulatory framework in the industry.
- It details marketing strategies used by various banks and other institutions.
- Make strategic business decisions, using top-level historic and forecast market data, related to the German cards and payments industry and each market within it.
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities in the German cards and payments industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the German cards and payments industry.
- Gain insights into marketing strategies used for various card types in Germany.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the German cards and payments industry.