COVID-19 Impact on WH Group
COVID-19 Impact on WH Group July 17th, 2020 based on market analysis and brand diversification by industry and geography.
Many meat processers across the world have been facing major disruptions as a result of the disease outbreak. Although WH Group has been facing COVID-19 outbreaks as well as African swine fever, the company has done well to stabilize its supply chains for the Chinese market. The market forecasts in its key markets, China and North America, in value term for 2020 look favorable for the company, if its sales patterns are in line with the market. Therefore, WH Group is likely to ride out the COVID-19 pandemic well, managing to mitigate its losses caused by the disruptions.
Reasons to Buy
- Imports from the US are expected to offers some level of relative resilience against the effects on brand sales
- Food is expected to record growth of 1.8% in Asia in 2020
- WH group is highly dependent on China for its sales; the impact of COVID-19 is inevitable but WH Group's strong business associations should help to mitigate losses
- The outlook of WH Group's meat business, particularly in Asia, is positive, despite the impact of African swine fever and COVID-19
- An increase in prices due to the decrease in supply of pork is expected to impact its business in Asia
- Understand the challenges and opportunities for a specific company in order to tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
- COVID-19 Impact Analysis on WH Group - Key findings as of 7th July, 2020
- Geographic spread analysis - COVID-19 vs WH Group's Brand Sales
- The impact of COVID-19 on WH Group’s regional sectors
- WH Group's 2020 exposure: brand sales at risk by region and sector
- Contact Us