Blockchain in Retail and FMCG - Thematic Research
Blockchain technology will have a difficult year in 2018. As the cost and complexity of implementing blockchain solutions becomes apparent, many of the early blockchain projects will either be quietly shelved in favor of more traditional approaches or they will evolve in a way that reduces their dependence on blockchain technology.
Blockchain can help FMCG manufacturers, consumers, and retailers to better track the provenance of stock, give them greater control over what is sold, and provide guarantees for food safety and sourcing. The technology is particularly useful for controlling supply chains since every change to data, such as manufacturing dates and locations, can be tracked. This can eliminate the use of unreliable suppliers, child labor, and poor quality ingredients.
The report focuses on analysing blockchain in retail and FMCG.
Reasons to buy
- This report analyses the impact of blockchain in retail and FMCG.
- It discusses how retailers and FMCG brands benefit from blockchain.
- It identifies current leaders in the blockchain technology theme.
- The report highlights some of the key players in the blockchain industry.
- It identifies some of the key trends in the blockchain technology theme.
- The report discusses the blockchain value chain by use case.
- It provides an industry analysis, explaining how businesses are gradually adopting the blockchain technology.
- The report analyses the impact of blockchain on retail and FMCG through case studies, and key recommendations for FMCG companies, retailers, and IT vendors.
- The report also discusses the impact of blockchain on payments, and identifies the key winners and losers in the payments sector.
- It offers a technology briefing, explaining how blockchain has developed over the last decade and how it works.
- Blockchain industry trends
- Blockchain use case trends
- Blockchain trends in the retail and FMCG industries
- VALUE CHAIN
- Asset registries
- Financial services platforms
- Industrial platforms
- INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
- Permissioned DLT networks insert a degree of trust into the equation
- Commercial blockchains are at least five years away
- DLT faces several fundamental technical challenges
- What are the primary use cases for blockchain technology?
- Land registries
- Digital fiat currencies
- Smart grid
- Commodity trading
- Mergers and acquisitions
- IMPACT OF BLOCKCHAIN ON RETAIL AND FMCG
- Retail and FMCG case studies
- Key recommendations for FMCG companies and retailers
- Key recommendations for IT vendors
- IMPACT OF BLOCKCHAIN ON PAYMENTS
- Winners and losers in the payments sector
- TECHNOLOGY BRIEFING
- How has blockchain technology developed over the last decade?
- How does blockchain work?
- COMPANIES SECTION
- Public tech and financial services companies
- Private tech companies
- Retail and FMCG companies
- APPENDIX: OUR “THEMATIC” RESEARCH METHODOLOGY