The Biopharmaceutical Industry in 2017: Highlights by Therapeutic Area
GlobalData’s The Biopharmaceutical Industry in 2017: Highlights by Therapeutic Area, provides an insight-rich overview of the key events and trends that shaped the industry during 2017. Within each of the major therapeutic areas covered, GlobalData’s analysts have identified the most impactful happenings during 2017 - such as product launches and label expansions, losses of patent protection and market exclusivity, and key clinical trial data readouts - and provided expert insight on the implications of each event.
For the biopharmaceutical industry, 2017 was marked by noteworthy innovation as well as disappointments across therapy areas, set against a backdrop of remarkable advances in technology in healthcare and the growing presence of biosimilars. Each of the major therapeutic areas - oncology, immunology, neurology, cardiovascular diseases, metabolic disorders, infectious diseases, and ophthalmology - saw a range of clinical breakthroughs, setbacks in R&D, and advances in digital health. Within oncology, immunology, and ophthalmology, the late-stage development and launches of biosimilars continued to gradually reshape the competitive landscape in 2017.
Reasons to buy
- The top 20 companies in 2017 in each of the following major therapeutic areas are mentioned: oncology, immunology, neurology, cardiovascular diseases, metabolic disorders, infectious diseases, and ophthalmology.
- In addition, key players in the digital health space who made progress in 2017 are included.
- Gain insight into the key trends that shaped the biopharmaceutical industry in 2017 by therapeutic area.
- Understand major 2017 events across drug development, disease competitive landscapes, and digital health.
- Identify the top 20 companies and the top 10 drugs in each therapeutic area by 2017 revenue.
- Top Players in Oncology in 2017
- CAR-T Approvals Fuel Optimism in Difficult-to-Treat Diseases, But Feasibility Questions Remain
- Checkpoint Inhibitors Continued to Demonstrate Clinical Benefit Across a Wide Range of Tumors
- As CPIs Gather More Market Approvals, Combination Regimens Will Be the Main Strategy to Differentiate their Clinical Benefit
- PARP Inhibitors Market Sees Surge in Activity in 2017
- PARP Inhibitors Landscape Undergoes Momentous Changes
- Approval of Cancer Therapeutics a Tipping Point in the Oncology Biosimilar Space
- Digital Health Advances in Oncology in 2017 Made Significant Progress in Various Areas of Clinical Treatment
- Top Players in Immunology in 2017
- Increasing Development of JAK Inhibitors Creates Welcome Competition Among Oral Small Molecules
- Interleukin Inhibitors Have the Potential to Become First-Line Therapies Across Autoimmune Diseases
- Biosimilars Steal Increasing Market Share in Immunology Indications, but Face Challenges in the US Before Reaching Peak Sales
- Digital Advances Provide Promising Solutions for Chronic Disease Management
- Top Players in Neurology in 2017
- Two Failures Within the 5-HT6 Receptor Antagonist Class Means the Options for Alzheimer’s Disease Are Waning
- More Headwind for the Adenosine A2a Receptor Antagonist Drug Class
- The anti-CD20 mAb Drug Class is Anticipated to Reshape the Current Treatment Landscape in Multiple Sclerosis
- Digital Health Highlights in Neurology in 2017
- Cardiovascular and Metabolic Disorders
- Top Players in Cardiovascular Diseases in 2017
- Top Players in Metabolic Disorders in 2017
- PCSK9 Inhibitors Showed Slow But Steady Growth in Dyslipidemia Market
- GLP-1 Receptor Agonist and SGLT-2 Inhibitor Influx for Type 2 Diabetes Continues
- Antithrombotics are the Clear Leaders in Sales Among Cardiovascular Drugs
- Digital Health Breaks Barriers in the Cardiovascular and Metabolic Space
- Infectious Diseases
- Top Players in Infectious Diseases in 2017
- Vaccines - 2017 Featured Several Notable Approvals and Setbacks
- Antibiotics - Small Pharma Steals the Spotlight in 2017
- 2017 Developments in Digital Health in Infectious Diseases
- Top Players in Ophthalmology in 2017
- Top Trends in Ophthalmology
- The Ophthalmology Biosimilars Market Is Still In Its Infancy
- Digital Health Highlights in Ophthalmology in 2017
- About GlobalData
- Contact Us