Batteries - Global Thematic Research
Lithium-ion batteries already power the modern mobile lifestyle. Now, the world’s auto industry is standardising around them for electric cars. So, too, are suppliers of renewable energy storage systems. Despite a raft of competing technologies, Lithium-ion is likely to remain dominant over the next five to seven years. This is because in its key prospective growth markets - connected devices, electric vehicles and home energy storage - safety issues tend to be paramount and no other technology has been as rigorously tested.
Inside this report, we will look at the dominance of lithium-ion battery and its prospective growth markets.
Reasons to buy
- This report is part of our ecosystem of thematic investment research reports, supported by our “thematic engine”.
- About our Thematic Research Ecosystem
- GlobalData has developed a unique thematic methodology for valuing technology, media and telecom companies based on their relative strength in the big investment themes that are impacting their industry. Whilst most investment research is underpinned by backwards looking company valuation models, GlobalData’s thematic methodology identifies which companies are best placed to succeed in a future filled with multiple disruptive threats. To do this, GlobalData tracks the performance of the top 600 technology, media and telecom stocks against the 50 most important themes driving their earnings, generating 30,000 thematic scores. The algorithms in GlobalData’s “thematic engine” help to clearly identify the winners and losers within the TMT sector. Our 600 TMT stocks are categorised into 18 sectors. Each sector scorecard has a thematic screen, a risk screen and a valuation screen. Our thematic research ecosystem has a three-tiered reporting structure: single theme, multi-theme and sector scorecard. This report is a Single Theme report, offering in-depth research into a specific theme. It identifies winners and losers based on technology leadership, market position and other factors.
- Our thematic investment research product, supported by our thematic engine, is aimed at senior (C-Suite) executives in the corporate world as well as institutional investors.
- Corporations: Helps CEOs in all industries understand the disruptive threats to their competitive landscape
- Investors: Helps fund managers focus their time on the most interesting investment opportunities in global TMT.
- Our unique differentiator, compared to all our rival thematic research houses, is that our thematic engine has a proven track record of predicting winners and losers.
- Industry analysis
- Value chain
- Lithium-ion: the dominant battery technology
- Market size and growth forecasts
- Competitor analysis
- Alternatives to Lithium-ion battery technology
- The main battery enabled sectors
- Electric vehicles
- Energy Storage
- Table The world of batteries from 600 BC to 2035
- Technology briefing
- Battery chemistry
- Battery types
- Battery technologies
- Companies section
- Public Companies
- Unlisted Battery Companies
- Valuation Screen
- Table Valuation screen ranks companieswithin a sector based on selected consensus valuation metrics.
- Appendix: Our "Thematic" research methodology
- Table Five-step approach for generating a sector scorecard