Bangladesh Power Development Board - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- provides a comprehensive insight into the company’s history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detailed SWOT analysis, information on the company’s key employees, key competitors and major products and services.
This up-to-the-minute company report will help you to formulate strategies to drive your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – GlobalData’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list of key locations and subsidiaries of the company, including contact details.
Bangladesh Power Development Board (BPDB) is an integrated electric utility. It generates using gas, furnace, diesel, hydro, coal and solar; and imports power from India. The company operates independent power plants /SIPP, rental power plant and REB using steam turbine, gas turbine, combined cycle, reciprocating engine, hydro and solar PV technologies. BPDB sells electricity on wholesale basis to distribution utilities: Dhaka Power Distribution Company, Dhaka Electric Supply Company, West Zone Power Distribution Company Limited, Rural Electrification Board and Northern Electricity Supply Company Ltd. It also retails energy in Chattogram, Cumilla, Mymensing and Sylhet distribution zones. BPDC is headquartered in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Bangladesh Power Development Board Key Recent Developments
Aug 27,2018: PDB to import 1 lakh tonnes of coal for Barapukuria plant
Aug 22,2018: India’s SGPL wins tender to supply 250MW of power to Bangladesh
Aug 09,2018: Nepal, Bangladesh to sign Mou on energy cooperation
Jul 27,2018: 100mw load shedding in N dists enforced
Jul 25,2018: Bangladesh planned to run Barapukuria power plant through import coalReasons to Buy
- Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research purposes. Key elements such as SWOT analysis and corporate strategy are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
- Identify potential customers and suppliers with this report’s analysis of the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services and business strategy.
- Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies with GlobalData’s detailed SWOT analysis. In this, the company’s core strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats are analyzed, providing you with an up to date objective view of the company.
- Examine potential investment and acquisition targets with this report’s detailed insight into the company’s strategic, business and operational performance.
Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.