Australia Defense Market - Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2026
Australia Defense Market - Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2026 report provides the market size forecast and the projected growth rate for the next five years. The report covers industry analysis including the key market drivers, emerging technology trends, and major challenges faced by market participants. It also offers insights regarding key factors and government programs that are expected to influence the demand for military platforms over the forecast period.
This report offers detailed analysis of Australia defense market with market size forecasts covering the next five years. This report will also analyze factors that influence demand for the industry, key market trends, and challenges faced by industry participants.
In 2021, the Australian government allocated $35.6 billion to its total defense budget, recording a CAGR of 2.16% during 2017-21. The country's defense budget is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.05% over the forecast period, to reach $46.6 billion in 2026. The increase in defense spending will be driven by increasing acquisition programs. The acquisition budget for 2021 is $11.7 billion and expected to reach $17 billion in 2026, growing at a CAGR 6.43% over the forecast period. During the historic period (2017-21), Australia spent $163 billion, whereas over the forecast period (2022-26) it is expected to spend $212.8 billion. The acquisition budget is primarily expected to increase due to the procurement of aircraft, naval vessels and missiles.
Over the forecast period, the defense budget will generally maintain an upward trend, increasing to $42.3 billion by 2024 according to projections provided by the 2021 Defense Budget and the Defense Strategic Update. Furthermore, the defense budget is expected to account for $46.6 billion in 2026. Throughout the forecast period, it is expected that military expenditure will remain above 2% GDP share despite the global economic slowdown and pressure of mitigating the impact of Covid-19. The government will be investing in programs across maritime (nuclear submarine, Hunter-class frigate and Arafura-class offshore patrol vessel), air (F-35, Air launched strike capability, MQ-4C Triton) and land domains (Boxer reconnaissance vehicle and a new IFV to replace the M113AS4 APC). The Australian Defense Strategic Update and Force Structure Plan released in 2020, details long-term investments in the defense industry, particularly in the maritime domain (domestic shipbuilding), the ongoing F-35 JSF program and future funding for long-distance missiles and missile defense systems.
Who Should Buy
- Defence Startups, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), Defence Planners, Aerospace and Defence Integrators, Venture Capital Firms, Government Agencies, Head of Marketing, Head of Sales, CEOs and Senior Executives.
- The concerned stakeholders can utilize the report to identify high growth segments and customize their offerings to match the project requirements.
- The Venture Capital Firms can utilize the project details, growth rate, and market size to identify and fund high potential startups.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
Reasons to Buy
- Australia defense budget: detailed analysis of Australia FY2021 defense budget broken down into market size and market share. This is coupled with an examination of key current and future acquisitions.
- Regulation: the procurement policy and process is explained. This is coupled with an analysis of Australia military doctrine and strategy to provide a comprehensive overview of Australia military regulation.
- Security Environment: political alliances and perceived security threats to Australia are examined; there help to explain trends in spending and modernisation.
- Import and Export Dynamics: analysis of prevalent trends in the country’s imports and exports over the last five years
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights: analysis of the competitive landscape of the Australia defense industry.
- Determine prospective investment areas based on a detailed trend analysis of the Australia defense market over the next five years
- Gain in-depth understanding about the underlying factors driving demand for different defense and internal security segments in the Australia market and identify the opportunities offered.
- Strengthen your understanding of the market in terms of demand drivers, market trends, and the latest technological developments, among others
- Identify the major threats that are driving the Australia defense market providing a clear picture about future opportunities that can be tapped, resulting in revenue expansion
- Channel resources by focusing on the ongoing programs that are being undertaken by the Australia government
- Make correct business decisions based on in-depth analysis of the competitive landscape consisting of detailed profiles of the top defense equipment providers in the country. The company profiles also includes information about the key products, alliances, recent contract awarded, and financial analysis, wherever available
BAE Systems Plc
Lockheed Martin Corp
Northrop Grumman Corp
- Executive Summary
- Defense Budget Assessment
- Budgeting Process
- Defense Market Size Historical And Forecast
- Drivers Of Defense Expenditure
- Analysis Of Defense Budget Allocation
- Military Doctrine And Security Environment
- Military Doctrine And Strategy
- Primary Threat Perception
- Political And Strategic Alliances
- Geopolitical Social And Economic Scenario
- Market Entry Strategy And Regulations
- Procurement Policy And Process
- Market Regulations & Market Entry Routes
- Key Challenges
- Market Attractiveness And Emerging Opportunities
- Market Attractiveness, 2020-2025
- Top Defense Segments By Value
- Import And Export Market Dynamics
- Import Market Dynamics
- Export Market Dynamics
- Defense Platform Acquisitions
- Defense Platform Acquisitions By Value
- Nuclear powered submarines
- MQ-4C Triton
- F-35 Joint Strike Fighter
- Boxer Combat Reconnaissance Vehicle
- National Advanced Surface-to-Air Missile System
- Fleet Size
- Competitive Landscape
- Defense Companies Operating In Australia
- Main Defense Companies
- About This Report
- About Us
- Contact Us