Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- provides a comprehensive insight into the company’s history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detailed SWOT analysis, information on the company’s key employees, key competitors and major products and services.
This up-to-the-minute company report will help you to formulate strategies to drive your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – GlobalData’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list of key locations and subsidiaries of the company, including contact details.
- Key manufacturing facilities – A list of key manufacturing facilities of the company.
Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd (Actelion), subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson is a biopharmaceutical company, which discovers, develops and commercializes innovative treatments for diseases with considerable unmet medical needs. The company focuses on the development of treatments for pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH). Its PAH franchise products include endothelin receptor antagonists (ERAs) Tracleer (bosentan), Opsumit (macitentan), Veletri (epoprostenol for injection), Ventavis (iloprost) and Uptravi (selexipag). Its specialty products include Valchlor (mechlorethamine), Ledaga (chlormethine) and Zavesca (miglustat). Actelion also offers approved treatments for diseases such as Type 1 Gaucher disease, Niemann-Pick type C disease, digital ulcers in patients with systemic sclerosis, and mycosis fungoides type cutaneous T-cell lymphoma. The company offers its products in various countries across Europe, besides Japan, China, Russia, Mexico and the US. Actelion is headquartered in Allschwil, Switzerland.
Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd Key Recent Developments
Jun 09,2017: Publication of Idorsia's prospectus relating to the listing of Idorsia on SIX Swiss Exchange
May 22,2017: Actelion provides an update on the progress towards launching Idorsia - Key results for pipeline assets to be developed by Idorsia
May 15,2017: Actelion announces changes to its executive team upon completion of the transaction with Johnson & Johnson
Feb 14,2017: Actelion announces excellent financial results for 2016Reasons to Buy
- Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research purposes. Key elements such as SWOT analysis and corporate strategy are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
- Identify potential customers and suppliers with this report’s analysis of the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services and business strategy.
- Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies with GlobalData’s detailed SWOT analysis. In this, the company’s core strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats are analyzed, providing you with an up to date objective view of the company.
- Examine potential investment and acquisition targets with this report’s detailed insight into the company’s strategic, business and operational performance.
Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.