Acne Vulgaris: Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2026
Acne vulgaris (acne) is currently one of the most common and well-established dermatology conditions, affecting around 90% of the world’s population at some point in their lifetime. The disease is a chronic, inflammatory dermatological condition of the pilosebaceous gland of the skin with a multifactorial pathogenesis. It is usually initiated during puberty by hormonal changes and further exacerbated by genetic factors.
GlobalData estimates the 2016 global acne therapeutic sales to total approximately $2.9 billion across the seven major pharmaceutical markets (7MM) covered within this report: the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, and Japan. The US contributes 90% of these sales, generating an estimated $2.6 billion in 2016. The 5EU generated $219M in sales, with Germany being the largest market, accounting for an estimated $62.4M in sales in 2016.
By the end of the forecast period in 2026, acne sales are forecast to reach over $4.1 billion, growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.5% over the 10-year forecast period. The majority of sales will come from the US, which will maintain its 2016 lead and command 92% of the market in 2026. A substantial amount of growth in that market is attributed to the rapid uptake of Galderma’sEpiduo (benzoyl peroxide and adapalene) for moderate patients and the continued success of isotretinoin. The anticipated launches of AOBiome’s B244 and Novan’s SB204 will add new molecular entities to the acne market for the first time in approximately 30 years. Paratek’s and Allergan’s Seysara, Foamix Pharmaceuticals’ FMX-101, and Cassiopea’sWinlevi are also expected to launch during the forecast period. Together, these late-stage pipeline products are expected to add approximately $956M in sales to the acne market in 2026.
The report Acne Vulgaris: Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2026, provides overview of acne vulgaris, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines.
Key highlights of the report -
Companies mentioned in this report:
- The greatest driver of growth in the global acne market will be the launches of five pipeline therapies during the forecast period. The entry of these anticipated drugs with novel mechanisms of action, including AOBiome’s B244, will be subject to rapid uptake.
- The appreciation of compliance as a major factor that contributes to the success or failure of treatments, thus affecting sales. Galderma launched the TAP program to improve compliance of its key product, Epiduo. Increased patient and provider awareness will also help increase patient share of many marketed therapies during the forecast period.
Allergan, Almirall, AndroScience, AOBiome, Astellas, Bayer, Botanix Pharmaceuticals, Braintree Laboratories , CassiopeaSpA, Celtaxys, Common Pharma, CutaneaLife Sciences, Dermira, Dow Pharma, Elorac Inc., Foamix Pharmaceuticals, Galderma, GSK, GuilianiSpA, Guthy-Renker, Medicis Pharmaceutical, Melinta Therapeutics, Mimetica, Novan, Novartis, Paratek, Photocure, Roche, Sanofi, SignumDermalogix, Stiefel Laboratories, Sun Pharmaceutical, Taro Pharmaceutical Industries, Valeant, Vyome Biosciences, XBiotechScope
Reasons to buy
- Overview of acne vulgaris, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines.
- Annualized acne therapeutics market revenue, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage pattern data from 2016 and forecast for ten years to 2026.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping and implications for the acne therapeutics market.
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline drugs.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global acne therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
The report will enable you to -
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline. Additionally a list of acquisition targets included in the pipeline product company list.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global acne therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global acne therapeutics market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track drug sales in the global acne therapeutics market from 2016-2026.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.