The AES Corporation (AES) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
The AES Corporation (AES) is a diversified power company, which owns and operates power generating facilities. The company generates electricity through diverse fuel sources such as gas, fuel oil and coal; and renewable sources such as wind, hydro, biomass and solar. It sells the electricity generated from these plants to utilities, industrial users, and other intermediaries. The company also owns and operates electric utilities, which generate, purchase, transmit, distribute and sell electricity in defined service areas to meet the demand for electricity from end-user customers in the residential, industrial, commercial and governmental sectors. It has operational presence in North America, South America, Asia, Europe, Central America and the Caribbean. AES is headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, the US.
The AES Corporation Key Recent Developments
Apr 10,2018: Panama’s First LNG Terminal To Get Commissioning Cargo Early May
Feb 22,2018: AES Distributed Energy and KIUC break ground on largest hybrid solar and energy storage system in Hawaii
Jan 18,2018: Jeffrey Ubben Joins AES Board of Directors
Dec 05,2017: Measure Expedites Problem Resolution for Electrical Utilities with New Drone Toolkit for Linemen
Nov 02,2017: AES Reports Third Quarter 2017 Financial Results; Reaffirms 2017 Guidance and Long-Term ExpectationsKey benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.Note:
Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company