Global Respiratory Complications Therapeutics Market to 2022 - Innovative Pneumonia and Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension Therapies Dominate Varied Disease Market
Respiratory complications are a diverse set of indications that include respiratory disorders, cardiovascular disorders and infectious diseases. They are therefore associated with a broad range of underlying pathophysiology, which is reflected in the range of therapies in development in the pipeline. Overall, there are 843 products in active development in the respiratory complications pipeline. However, this constitutes numerous individual indications, each of which is typically relatively small in terms of the number of pipeline products in development.
The most prominent individual indications in terms of respiratory complications therapeutics development are Pneumonia, Tuberculosis (TB), Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) and Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH), which reflects the active nature of these indications in terms of overall product development.
In spite of a small late-stage pipeline, the respiratory complications market is forecast to grow moderately over the forecast period, from a value of $21.8 Billion in 2015 to $30.2 Billion in 2022, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.7%. This growth will be predominantly driven by already marketed products, rather than the approval of pipeline products, which are expected to have a limited impact on the market. Furthermore, generic impact on the market will be limited in terms of value, given the very low cost of generics typically used.
There are few drugs that generate substantial revenue in the current respiratory complications market, with only one generating over $1 Billion from revenues specific to these complications. This is the Prevnar family pneumococcal disease vaccine, which has been approved for a broad spectrum of patients, ranging from six-week-old infants to adults of 50 and over. In 2015 the vaccine family generated $6.3 Billion, and this level of revenue is expected to remain relatively stable over the forecast period.Pfizer is expected to maintain its position as market leader throughout the entire forecast period. Although the company has a large number of drugs active in this area, spread across pneumonia and pulmonary embolism, it is predominantly the pneumonia vaccine Prevnar that drives its revenue derived from respiratory complications. Pfizer is expected to generate $7.3 Billion by 2022, rising from $6.9 Billion in 2015 at a CAGR of 0.8%. This marginal growth is attributed to the limited revenue growth of Prevnar, as well as some revenue growth for the anticoagulant Eliquis (apixaban), which is expected to generate $642.8m from respiratory complications by 2022.
The report “Global Respiratory Complications Therapeutics Market to 2022 - Innovative Pneumonia and Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension Therapies Dominate Varied Disease Market” provides an introduction to the respiratory complications therapeutics market, including disease epidemiology, symptoms, etiology, pathophysiology, co-morbidities and complications, diagnosis and prognosis.
In depth, it provides the following -
- Provides an overview of the landscape for marketed products for respiratory complications, including product profiles of key marketed products and revenue projections for each of these drugs.
- Analyzes the respiratory complication therapeutics pipeline, detailing, among other parameters, drug distribution by stage of development, molecule type and mechanism of action, plus an analysis of the key indications in the pipeline: pneumonia, TB, RSV and PAH.
- Provides forecast projections to 2022 on a global level, with forecasts also provided for the US, plus aggregate revenue forecasts of the top five EU markets (the UK, France, Germany, Italy and Spain) and Japan.
- Provides the company landscape in the respiratory complications therapeutics market, with an analysis of the key players, the types of company involved in this disease cluster, whether this disease cluster comprises a large proportion of each company’s pipeline portfolio, and total revenue.
- Analyzes trends in co-development and licensing deals relating to respiratory complications therapeutics.
The respiratory complications market already contains commercially successful products.
- Which classes of drug dominate the market?
- What additional benefits have newly approved therapies brought to the market?
The respiratory complications pipeline is large, with significant diversity in terms of molecule types and targets.
- Which molecular targets appear most frequently in the pipeline?
- What are the commercial prospects for the most promising late-stage pipeline products?
The respiratory complications market is forecast to grow from $21.8 billion in 2015 to $30.2 billion in 2022, at a compound annual growth rate of 4.7%.
- Which products are forecast to drive this substantial growth?
- Will generic competition have a significant impact on the market over the forecast period?
The company landscape is becoming increasingly competitive.
Reasons to buyThis report will allow you to -
- What are the leading companies in terms of market share?
- Which companies are forecast to experience the greatest growth in market share?
- What are the drivers of growth for key companies in the market?
- How dependent are the key companies on this disease cluster for revenue?
- Understand the current clinical and commercial landscape through a comprehensive study of disease epidemiology, pathogenesis, symptoms, diagnosis and prognosis for the key indications covered in the report, which include pneumonia, TB, RSV and PAH.
- Assess the current treatment landscape, with product profiles covering prominent marketed therapies, including revenue forecasts.
- Analyze the respiratory complications pipeline and stratify by stage of development, molecule type, and molecular target. The most promising late-stage therapies are profiled and assessed in terms of clinical performance and competitiveness, alongside a single-product forecast.
- Predict growth in market size, with in-depth market forecasting from 2015 to 2022. The forecasts will provide an understanding of how epidemiology trends, new drug entries, and patent expirations will influence market value.
- Identify the leading companies in the market, in terms of market share and growth. Company analysis determines how dependent the key companies in the market are on revenue derived from respiratory complications products. In addition, analysis determines the primary factors that will drive market growth for the key companies in the market.
- Identify commercial opportunities in the respiratory complications deals landscape by analyzing trends in licensing and co-development deals.