The Global Market for Photocatalytic Coatings
Photocatalytic self-cleaning coatings are a significant market for nanoparticulate titanium dioxide (TiO2). Nano-TiO2 surfaces (coated with 10-20nm layer of TiO2) are commercially available and have been used in (mainly in the Japanese and European markets) in water and air purification, self-cleaning glass, concrete products and a variety of coatings applications.
These coatings greatly benefit building maintenance, especially for skyscrapers, as they reduce the need for costly surface cleaning. Various types of surfaces with TiO2 can be covered to make them self-cleaning under sunlight as well as room light. Thus, surfaces based on paints, ceramics, glass, cementitious materials containing active photocatalytic titania nanoparticles have widespread applications to create environmentally clean areas within their proximity.
Self-cleaning photocatalytic coatings utilizing UV light are currently suitable mainly for exterior use for inorganic surfaces and coatings. Photocatalytic materials operating at the wavelength of visible light are also widely studied. Industries impacted by self-cleaning photocatalytic coatings include:
Self-cleaning architectural glass
Self-cleaning automotive glass
Roof coatings to to reduce pollution through the degradation of sulfur and nitrogen oxides)
Road and tunnel coatings.
Medical (self-disinfecting coatings)
Coatings for the elimination of VOCs and odors in public spaces.
Air purification (indoor)
Self-cleaning solar cell coatings.
Applications make use of the self-cleaning, anti-fogging, anti-microbial or water cleaving properties. In indoor environments, most surfaces, e.g.. ceramic tiles, windows glass or paper, are gradually covered with organic matter such as oils, dirt, and smoke residue and become fouled.
This report will answer the following questions:
How large is the current market for Photocatalytic coatings?
What is the status of the technology?
What is driving deployment of these coatings?
What are the potential market opportunities?
Who are developing photocatalytic coatings and in what market?
- AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
- MARKET DEFINITION
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- HIGH PERFORMANCE COATINGS
- Table Properties of nanocoatings.
- MARKET DRIVERS AND TRENDS FOR PHOTOCATALYTIC SELF-CLEANING COATINGS
- New functionalities and improved properties
- Need for more effective protection and improved asset sustainability
- Need for improved hygiene
- Sustainable coating systems and materials
- Need to improve outdoor air quality
- Need to improve indoor air quality
- Building protection
- MARKET SIZE AND OPPORTUNITY
- Main markets
- Table Markets for nanocoatings.
- Table Markets for photocatalytic self-cleaning coatings.
- REGIONAL DEMAND
- COATINGS REGULATIONS RELATED TO PHOTOCATALYTIC COATINGS
- Biocidal Products Regulation
- UNITED STATES
- TITANIUM DIOXIDE NANOPARTICLES
- PROPERTIES AND APPLICATIONS
- Glass coatings
- Interior coatings
- Improving indoor air quality
- Waste Water Treatment
- UV protection coatings
- SELF-CLEANING PHOTOCATALYTIC COATINGS
- MARKET AND TECHNICAL SUMMARY
- MARKET DRIVERS AND TRENDS
- Combating infection and spread of microorganisms
- Reducing building maintenance
- Reducing indoor air pollution and bacteria
- BENEFITS OF PHOTOCATALYTIC SELF-CLEANING COATINGS
- Self-Cleaning Coatings
- Photocatalytic oxidation (PCO) indoor air filters
- Outdoor Air Pollution
- Water Treatment
- GLOBAL MARKET SIZE
- Market segmentation
- Addressable markets
- Table Photocatalytic self-cleaning coatings-Markets, applications and potential addressable market size by 2027.
- Table Market assessment for self-cleaning photocatalytic coatings.
- Market revenues 2010-2027
- Table Revenues for self-cleaning photocatalytic coatings, 2010-2027, US$, conservative and optimistic estimates.
- COMPANY PROFILES
- ADVANCED MATERIALS-JTJ S.R.O.
- BIONIC TECHNOLOGY HOLDING BV.
- BORAL LIMITED
- CARDINAL GLASS INDUSTRIES
- COATING SUISSE GMBH
- DAICEL FINECHEM LIMITED
- ECOACTIVE SOLUTIONS
- FN NANO, INC.
- GREEN EARTH NANO SCIENCE, INC.
- GREEN MILLENIUM, INC.
- HEIDELBERG CEMENT
- INSPIRAZ TECHNOLOGY PTE LTD.
- ISHIHARA SANGYO KAISHA, LTD.
- ITALCEMENTI GROUP
- INTERLOTUS NANOTECHNOLOGIE GMBH
- KON CORPORATION
- KRONOS INTERNATIONAL, INC.
- LEVENGER NANOTECHNOLOGIA
- LIFE AIR IAQ LTD.
- NADICO TECHNOLOGIE GMBH
- NANOPHOS SA
- NANOSERVICES BV
- NANOWAVE CO., LTD.
- NIPPON SHEET GLASS CO., LTD.
- NANOYO GROUP PTE LTD
- NOF CORPORATION
- NTC NANOTECH COATINGS GMBH
- NTT ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION
- N-TEC GMBH
- PANAHOME CORPORATION
- PJI CONTRACT PTE LTD.
- PPG INDUSTRIES
- PURETI, INC.
- SAINT-GOBAIN GLASS
- SHOWA DENKO KK
- SOUMA CO., LTD.
- TAIYO KOGYO CORPORATION
- THETA COATINGS
- TOYOTA TSUSHO CORPORATION
- UBE EXSYMO CO., LTD.
- WELL SHIELD LLC
- ZIXILAI ENVIRONOMENT