The Global Market for Carbon Black to 2025
Carbon black (CB) is industrially manufactured in the form of hundreds of defined commercial grades that vary in their primary particle size, aggregate size and shape, porosity, surface area, and chemistry.
The global demand for carbon black was ~12.625 million tons in 2016, mainly for application as reinforcing fillers in tires, automotive non-tire and general rubber products. Other smaller markets include paints and coatings, printing inks and toners and plastics. The value of this market is approximately $12.9-$13 billion.
High value opportunity markets have been identified for specialty carbon blacks conductive materials, ESD shielding, batteries and advanced insulation.
Report contents include:
In-depth analysis of the global carbon black market broken down by applications, tonnage and region.
Assessment of current and future markets for applications of carbon black including recycled carbon black and specialty carbon black markets.
Historical data for the global carbon black market.
Market growth forecasts to 2025.
Key challenges for the carbon black market.
Assessment of competitive threats to the carbon black market.
Profiles of 34 carbon black producers including product, production capacities and revenues.
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- THE CURRENT MARKET
- INNOVATION IN THE CARBON BLACK MARKET
- MARKET THREAT FROM OTHER MATERIALS
- Competition from precipitated silica in the tire industry
- Competition from nanomaterials
- Table Applications of graphene and carbon nanotubes in rubber and tires.
- AUTOMOTIVE TIRES THE DOMINANT END USER MARKET
- KEY MARKET TRENDS 2016 TO 2017
- Specialty carbon black
- Recovered carbon black (rCB)
- GLOBAL MARKET SIZE AND REVENUES, 2014 TO 2025
- Table Global carbon black forecast.
- RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- SCOPE OF THE REPORT
- Objective of the report
- CARBON BLACK
- Table Commercially available carbon black grades.
- Table Properties of carbon black and influence on performance.
- Table Carbon black compounds.
- MANUFACTURING PROCESSES
- Furnace Black Process
- Table Furnace black process.
- Channel Black Process
- Table Channel black process-method, advantages and disadvantages.
- Acetylene Black Process
- Table Acetylene black process-method, advantages and disadvantages.
- Lamp Black Process
- Table Lamp black process-method, advantages and disadvantages.
- Thermal black process
- Table Thermal black process-method, advantages and disadvantages.
- Other processes
- THE CARBON BLACK INDUSTRY
- THE MARKET IN 2017
- SPECIALTY CARBON BLACK
- MARKETS FOR CARBON BLACK
- Traditional markets
- Growth markets
- Green carbon black
- Table Pricing of carbon black.
- Table Carbon black prices.
- MARKET SUPPLY CHAIN
- Table Market supply chain for carbon black.
- MARKET DRIVERS
- Table Market drivers for the carbon black industry.
- MARKET CHALLENGES
- CARBON BLACK MARKET, BY APPLICATIONS
- Table Demand for carbon black, by market, 2014-2025, million metric tons.
- Tires and automotive
- Table Market drivers for CB in the tire industry.
- Table Global market for carbon black in tires (Million metric tons), 2014 to 2025.
- Non-Tire Rubber (Industrial rubber)
- Table Carbon black non-tire applications.
- Table Global market for carbon black in non-tire rubber (Million metric tons), 2014 to 2025.
- Specialty Carbon Black
- Table Global demand for specialty carbon black 2014-2016 by market, million metric tons.
- Table Properties of Carbon Black utilized in EDLCs.
- REGIONAL MARKETS
- Table Principal carbon black suppliers, by region.
- Table Asia-Pacific market for carbon black 2014 to 2025 (Metric tons).
- Table Main carbon black producers in China and production capacities.
- Table Main carbon black producers in India and production capacities.
- Western Europe
- Table Western Europe market demand for carbon black 2014 to 2025 (Metric tons).
- North America
- Table North American demand for carbon black 2014 to 2025 (Metric tons).
- Rest of the world
- Table Rest of the world market demand for carbon black 2014 to 2025 (Metric tons).
- CARBON BLACK MARKET BUSINESS TRENDS 2016 TO 2017
- Table Carbon black market business trends 2016-2017.
- COMPETITIVE ANALYSIS
- KEY PLAYERS
- MARKET SHARE ANALYSIS
- Table Carbon black market share, by leading producers.
- CARBON BLACK PRODUCER PROFILES
- ASAHI CARBON CO LTD
- BEILUM CARBON CHEMICAL LIMITED
- BIRLA CARBON
- BLACK BEAR CARBON BV
- BOLDER INDUSTRIES
- CABOT CORPORATION
- CANCARB LIMITED
- CHINA SYNTHETIC RUBBER CORPORATION (CSRC)
- DELTA-ENERGY GROUP L.L.C.
- DENKA COMPANY LIMITED
- GEOTECH INTERNATIONAL B.V.
- HIMADRI SPECIALITY CHEMICAL LTD
- IMERYS GRAPHITE & CARBON SWITZERLAND SA
- JSC YAROSLAVSKIY TEKHNICHESKIY UGLEROD (YAROSLAVL CARBON BLACK PLANT
- INTEGRATED RESOURCE RECOVERY, INC.
- JIANGI BLACK CAT CARBON BLACK
- JINNENG SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY COMPANY LIMITED
- LONGXING CHEMICAL STOCK CO LTD
- MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL CORPORATION
- MONOLITH MATERIALS INC
- NIPPON STEEL & SUMIKIN CHEMICAL CO LTD
- OCI COMPANY LTD
- OMSK CARBON GROUP OOO
- ORION ENGINEERED CARBONS SA
- PHILLIPS CARBON BLACK LIMITED
- PJSC KREMENCHUG CARBON BLACK PLAN
- PYROLYX AG
- RALSON CARBON
- SCANDINAVIAN ENVIRO SERVICES AB
- SHANDONG OCI-JIANYANG CARBON BLACK CO., LTD
- SID RICHARDSON CARBON AND ENERGY CO LTD
- SKI CARBON BLACK (INDIA) PRIVATE LIMITED
- TITAN TIRE RECLAMATION CORP. (TTRC)
- TOKAI CARBON CO LTD