The Global Market for Anti-icing and De-icing Nanocoatings
Ice accumulation on surfaces is a significant global problem that incurs high costs and impairs functionality and safety. There are several methods to reduce the damage of ice\snow accumulation such as heating, mechanical deicing, use deicing agents or anti-icing coatings. Compared to other methods, anti-icing/icephobic coating has many advantages.
The use of anti-icing (to prevent or reduce ice accumulation) and de-icing (to reduce ice adhesion) nanocoatings can have a major impact on:
reducing maintenance costs.
reducing energy consumption.
simplicity and convenience.
Applications on anti-icing and de-icing nanocoatings are found in:
transportation (aircrafts, cars, trains and ships).
Arctic oil and gas exploration.
Report contents include:
Market drivers and trends.
Types of anti-icing and de-icing nanocoatings.
Global market size for anti-icing and de-icing nanocoatings.
Anti-icing and de-icing nanocoatings companies.
- AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
- MARKET DEFINITION
- Table Categorization of nanomaterials.
- RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- HIGH PERFORMANCE COATINGS
- Table Properties of nanocoatings.
- MARKET DRIVERS AND TRENDS
- New functionalities and improved properties
- Need for more effective protection and improved asset sustainability
- Cost of weather-related damage
- Cost of corrosion
- Need for improved hygiene
- Increased demand for coatings for extreme environments
- Sustainable coating systems and materials
- MARKET SIZE AND OPPORTUNITY
- Main markets
- Table Markets for nanocoatings.
- Regional demand
- MARKET AND TECHNICAL CHALLENGES
- Production, scalability and cost
- Table Disadvantages of commonly utilized superhydrophobic coating methods.
- BENEFITS OF USING NANOCOATINGS
- Main production and synthesis methods
- Table Technology for synthesizing nanocoatings agents.
- Table Film coatings techniques.
- HYDROPHOBIC COATINGS AND SURFACES
- Hydrophilic coatings
- Hydrophobic coatings
- Table Contact angles of hydrophilic, super hydrophilic, hydrophobic and superhydrophobic surfaces.
- SUPERHYDROPHOBIC COATINGS AND SURFACES
- Durability issues
- OLEOPHOBIC AND OMNIPHOBIC COATINGS AND SURFACES
- Covalent bonding
- Step-growth graft polymerization
- Table Applications of oleophobic & omniphobic coatings.
- NANOCOATINGS MARKET STRUCTURE
- Table Nanocoatings market structure.
- MARKET ANALYSIS FOR ANTI-ICING AND DE-ICING NANOCOATINGS
- Table Anti-icing and de-icing nanocoatings-Nanomaterials used, principles, properties, applications.
- MARKET DRIVERS AND TRENDS
- Inefficiency of current anti-icing solutions
- Costs of damage caused by icing of surfaces
- Need for new aviation solutions
- Increasing use of drones in demanding conditions
- Oil and gas exploration
- Wind turbines
- TYPES OF ANTI-ICING AND DE-ICING NANOCOATINGS
- Table Nanomaterials utilized in anti-icing coatings and benefits thereof.
- Hydrophobic and superhydrophobic coatings (HSH)
- Heatable coatings
- Anti-freeze protein coatings
- GLOBAL MARKET SIZE
- Table Anti-icing and de-icing nanocoatings- Markets, applications and potential addressable markets.
- Table Market assessment for anti-icing and de-icing nanocoatings.
- Table Revenues for anti-icing and de-icing nanocoatings, 2010-2027, US$, conservative and optimistic estimates.
- ANTI-ICING AND DE-ICING NANOCOATINGS COMPANIES
- CG2 NANOCOATINGS, INC.
- ECOLOGY COATINGS LLC
- FRAUNHOFER IFAM
- FRAUNHOFER IGB
- GE GLOBAL RESEARCH
- HYGRATEK, LLC
- KISS POLYMERS LLC
- LUNA INNOVTIONS
- NANOSONIC, INC.
- NANOVERE TECHNOLOGIES, LLC
- NBD NANO
- OPUS MATERIALS TECHNOLOGY
- NEI CORPORATION
- SLIPS TECHNOLOGY
- STATOIL ASA
- X-THERMA, INC.