The Global Market for Anti-Microbial Nanocoatings
The global antimicrobial nanocoatings market continues to grow in areas such as medical devices, urinary catheters and stainless steel coatings. New legislation and growing microbial resistance against metal ions, antibiotics and the development of resistant strains has resulted in coating manufacturers seeking alternatives to traditional antimicrobial coatings. The development of antimicrobial agents with low toxicity and ability to inhibit microbial contamination is a key issue in the development of new coatings for healthcare, packaging and food and pharmaceutical production. The ability of nanoparticles to meet these has led to their increased use in these and numerous other markets such as consumer electronics, textiles, water filtration and household care.
A wide variety of organic or inorganic biocides are available commercially and these demonstrate a wide variety of biocidal and biostatic mechanisms. Nanoparticles of different materials have demonstrated enhanced antimicrobial activity. This report looks at improvements over existing antimicrobial agents offered by nanosilver, titanium dioxide nanoparticles, zinc oxide nanoparticles, iron oxide nanoparticles, nanocellulose, copper nanoparticles, carbon nanomaterials and nano chitosan.
Report contents include:
Market drivers and trends in anti-microbial nanocoatings
Benefits of using anti-microbial nanocoatings over traditional coatings
Types of nanomaterials utilized in anti-microbial nanocoatings
Markets and applications of anti-microbial nanocoatings
Global anti-microbial coatings market size and nanocoatings opportunity
In depth market assessment of anti-microbial nanocoatings including revenues, addressable market opportunities, penetration potential for anti-microbial nanocoatings.
Demand by market for anti-microbial nanocoatings.
Profiles of 68 anti-microbial nanocoatings companies including products and target markets.
- 1 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- 1.1 High performance coatings.
- 1.2 Nanocoatings
- 1.3 Market drivers and trends..
- 1.3.1 New functionalities and improved properties
- 1.3.2 Need for more effective protection and improved asset sustainability
- 1.3.3 Cost of weather-related damage…
- 1.3.4 Cost of corrosion
- 1.3.5 Need for improved hygiene…
- 1.3.6 Increased demand for coatings for extreme environments
- 1.3.7 Sustainable coating systems and materials.
- 188.8.131.52 VOC and odour reduction
- 184.108.40.206 Chemical to bio-based..
- 1.4 Market size and opportunity
- 1.4.1 Main markets.
- 1.4.2 Regional demand..
- 1.5 Market and technical challenges
- 1.5.1 Durability..
- 1.5.2 Dispersion
- 1.5.3 Transparency
- 1.5.4 Production, scalability and cost
- 2 INTRODUCTION…
- 2.1 Properties of nanomaterials
- 2.2 Categorization…
- 2.3 Nanocoatings
- 2.3.1 Properties.
- 2.3.2 Benefits of using nanocoatings
- 2.3.3 Types.
- 2.3.4 Main production and synthesis methods
- 220.127.116.11 Film coatings techniques
- 18.104.22.168 Superhydrophobic coatings on substrates.
- 22.214.171.124 Electrospray and electrospinning
- 126.96.36.199 Chemical and electrochemical deposition.
- 188.8.131.52 Chemical vapor deposition (CVD)
- 184.108.40.206 Physical vapor deposition (PVD).
- 220.127.116.11 Atomic layer deposition (ALD)
- 18.104.22.168 Aerosol coating
- 22.214.171.124 Layer-by-layer Self-assembly (LBL)…
- 126.96.36.199 Sol-gel process
- 188.8.131.52 Etching..
- 3 NANOMATERIALS USED IN COATINGS.
- 4 NANOCOATINGS MARKET STRUCTURE
- 5 NANOCOATINGS REGULATIONS…
- 5.1 Europe..
- 5.1.1 Biocidal Products Regulation
- 5.1.2 Cosmetics regulation
- 5.1.3 Food safety
- 5.2 United States
- 5.3 Asia
- 6 ANTI-MICROBIAL NANOCOATINGS MARKET ANALYSIS.
- 6.1 Market drivers and trends..
- 6.1.1 Need for improved anti-microbial formulations…
- 6.1.2 Rise in bacterial infections
- 6.1.3 Growing problem of microbial resistance…
- 6.1.4 Growth in the bio-compatible implants market
- 6.1.5 Anti-microbial packaging biofilm market is growing…
- 6.1.6 Need for improved water filtration technology
- 6.1.7 Proliferation of touch panels..
- 6.1.8 Growth in the market for anti-microbial textiles…
- 6.2 Benefits of nanocoatings…
- 6.3 Applications..
- 6.4 Global market size
- 6.5 Nanocoatings opportunity.
- 7 ANTI-MICROBIAL NANOCOATINGS COMPANIES 76-121 (68 company profiles including products and target markets)
- 8 REFERENCES…
- Table 1: Properties of nanocoatings..
- Table 2: Markets for nanocoatings
- Table 3: Disadvantages of commonly utilized superhydrophobic coating methods
- Table 4: Categorization of nanomaterials..
- Table 5: Technology for synthesizing nanocoatings agents…
- Table 6: Film coatings techniques
- Table 7: Nanomaterials used in nanocoatings and applications
- Table 8: Nanocoatings market structure
- Table 9: Anti-microbial nanocoatings-Nanomaterials used, principles, properties and applications
- Table 10: (A) illustrates biocidal nanocoating resistance to bacteria. (B) illustrates biocidal nanocoating resistance to fungus.
- Table 11: Nanomaterials utilized in anti-microbial coatings-benefits and applications.
- Table 12: Anti-microbial nanocoatings markets and applications…
- Table 13: Market assessment for anti-microbialnanocoatings
- Table 14: Opportunity for anti-microbial nanocoatings
- Table 15: Revenues for anti-microbial nanocoatings, 2010-2025, US$, conservative and optimistic estimates.
- Figure 1: Global Paints and Coatings Market, share by end user market
- Figure 2: Estimated revenues for nanocoatings, 2010-2025 based on current revenues generated by nanocoatings companies and predicted growth. Base year for estimates is 2014
- Figure 3: Market revenues for nanocoatings 2015, US$, by market.
- Figure 4: Market revenues for nanocoatings 2025, US$, by market.
- Figure 5: Markets for nanocoatings 2015, %
- Figure 6: Markets for nanocoatings 2025, %
- Figure 7: Market for nanocoatings 2015, by nanocoatings type, US$
- Figure 8: Markets for nanocoatings 2015, by nanocoatings type, %
- Figure 9: Market for nanocoatings 2025, by nanocoatings type, US$
- Figure 10: Market for nanocoatings 2025, by nanocoatings type, %
- Figure 11: Regional demand for nanocoatings, 2015
- Figure 12: Commercially available quantum dots…
- Figure 13: Techniques for constructing superhydrophobic coatings on substrates
- Figure 14: Electrospray deposition
- Figure 15: CVD technique..
- Figure 16: SEM images of different layers of TiO2 nanoparticles in steel surface.
- Figure 17: Schematic of typical commercialization route for nanocoatings producer..
- Figure 22: Mechanism of microbial inactivation and degradation with anti-microbial PhotoProtect nanocoatings.
- Figure 23: Schematic of silver nanoparticles penetrating bacterial cell membrane
- Figure 24: : Antibacterial mechanism of nanosilver particles..
- Figure 25: Addressable market for anti-microbial nanocoatings
- Figure 26: Revenues for anti-microbial nanocoatings, 2010-2025, US$, conservative and optimistic estimates.
- Figure 27: Demand for anti-microbial nanocoatings by market 2015, %