UK Automotive Aftermarket, Forecast to 2023
This report covers the Class 1-3 vehicles aftermarket in terms of volume (in million units) and value ($ million) across the UK. The base year for analysis is 2016 and the forecast period is 2017 to 2023.This research compiles findings from various deliverables published by Frost & Sullivan over the past 2 years. It covers growth prospects for the UK automotive aftermarket. The research includes analyses of vehicles in operation, vehicle ownership, e-retailing in the automotive aftermarket, and service providers in the region. It includes an analysis of new business models and e-retailing in the aftermarket ecosystem. It also has profiling of major aftermarket players such as Euro Car Parts, Parts Alliance, Kwik Fit, and The Rapid Group. UK is expected to overtake France and become the 3rd-largest market in Europe after Germany and Italy. IAM dominance is expected to continue, as the average vehicle age rises over the next 7 years, thereby leaving a relatively older VIO. Brexit is expected to have an impact on inventory management, availability of skilled labour, import and export regulations. As a result, new vehicle sales is expected to grow at a very minimal CAGR of -1.0%, which will have a low impact on total VIO. Close to 72% of the total VIO is said to be more than 3 years old, enabling periodic maintenance and MOT and therefore, aftermarket revenue at the manufacturer level is expected to have a CAGR of close to 1.8% during 2016–2023. Penetration of e-retail for automotive parts and services in the UK is expected to have a CAGR of 10.5% during 2016-2023. The growth is triggered by the strong penetration of internet / smartphone usage and the discounts available on online retail.
This study's objectives are to:
1) Analyse vehicles in operation and average vehicle age to understand the main demand factors driving automotive parts and service sales in the UK automotive aftermarket.
2) Estimate the total market opportunity based on a top-down analysis of vehicles in operation, replacement rates, and available pricing data.
3) Identify the top automotive parts distributors and service providers in the UK.
4) Provide insight into policies and regulations that would influence the business environment and strategy
Key Questions this Study will Answer:
1) What is the short- to medium-term outlook for the UK automotive aftermarket?
2) What are the key market trends in the UK?
3) Which products and services will offer the highest future growth opportunities?
4) How is the competitive landscape changing?
5) What is the structure of the UK automotive aftermarket? Who are the key industry participants?
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook