Transportation and Logistics Market Insights—France
Strong domestic demand supported by favourable financing conditions, tax cuts, and rising confidence will lead to resilient investment and consumption driving the growth of the French economy during 2017-2018. The quality of infrastructure and incentives for innovation will primarily support competitiveness and make France an attractive destination for investment.
France leads Europe with the highest number of industrial and logistics projects. The Logistics 2025 plan stresses on improving infrastructure to enhance the intermodality of the transport network while simplifying the administrative management of the supply chain. Digital transition, energy transition, and a sustainable supply chain are some of the key focus areas. The development of the high-speed freight network is expected to bring about a modal shift towards rail freight. With the e-commerce turnover estimated at €72.0 billion in 2016, France was the fifth leading country in the world for online sales. Due to the fast growing FMCG online market, FMCG logistics will be impacted positively. Logistics and express delivery companies have announced key expansion plans at major airports, to expand the cargo handling capacity. Major capacity expansion plans include logistics and warehouse infrastructure development around key airports such as Charles de Gaulle International Airport in the Paris suburb of Roissy. Vehicle-to-vehicle communication technologies, telematics, Big Data, autonomous and electric vehicles, and wearable technologies are likely to see increased adoption by freight companies by 2018.
Scope: The aim of this insight is to research and analyse the key developments and trends related to economy and trade in the freight, transportation, logistics, and warehousing sectors in France.
• To provide an overview of the key factors driving France's economy and trade
• To analyse the role of the transport and logistics sector in driving the country’s economy
• To identify the initiatives undertaken by the government to improve efficiency and reduce logistics costs
• To furnish a detailed analysis on the advances in digital technologies
• To provide an in-depth analysis of how the traditional value-chain is transformed as a result of technology advancement, e-commerce growth, regulatory changes, and investment
• To identify the emerging opportunities as a result of economic and technology transformations and how they are expected to change the competitive environment
Electronic Access - Site License Fulfilled By Publisher
Hard Copy Mail Delivery
Electronic Access - Global site License Fulfilled By Publisher