Strategic Analysis of Autonomous Cars in China, 2010–2025
China is the largest passenger vehicle marketplace in term of sales and production volume in the world. Strong capitalization and the fast-growing automotive industry in China are likely to create high development opportunities in the global autonomous car market. The Chinese automotive industry is moving into autonomous car development. It is at the research and development stage, as well as in the testing and demonstration phase. Key stakeholders include global leading original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), joint-venture OEMs, domestic Chinese OEMs, and leading technology companies involved in the autonomous car development in China.
Although there is no relevant policy about autonomous driving being finalized by the Chinese government and no official announcement has been made regarding the same, the need for regulations and policies will be addressed when the Chinese autonomous cars market proceeds into mature development. Innovation to zero is the key advantage of the implementation of autonomous cars in China. For instance, autonomous cars are likely to reduce car fatalities caused by human errors. The driverless car is the revolution for future transportation, as well as one of the new Mega Trends.
The aim of this study is to research, analyze, forecast the trends and provide an overview of the development of autonomous cars and its impact on the whole automotive value chain. The study provides a global overview and analyzes the Chinese autonomous car market in particular.
• To provide a strategic perspective of the development of autonomous cars, which includes the current situation, development challenges, and a future outlook
• To highlight key external opportunities and challenges that might impact the implementation of autonomous cars in China
• To analyze the key technologies and R&D activities of autonomous car development in China
• To provide strategic information towards autonomous car development and collaboration among stakeholders in China
• To identify the growth opportunities in the Chinese autonomous cars market in the near-to-long term
Key Questions this Study will Answer
• What is the strategic overview of the development of autonomous cars in China?
• What are the key technology trends of autonomous car development in China?
• How can stakeholders in the autonomous car market overcome market restraints despite challenges?
• Who are the key participants in the autonomous cars market in China?
• What are the potential growth opportunities that can be captured by market participants in China?
The research service provides conclusions and a future outlook about the development of the Chinese autonomous cars market. China is expected to realize the commercialization and mass production of autonomous cars by 2030. The integration of OEMs and Chinese information technology (IT) companies is likely to fully leverage its products and achieve the official launch of the autonomous driving concept in China.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook