Sensors Innovations Transforming Mining (TechVision)
When it comes to the aspect of change, mining industry is very conservative. Mining operators are hesitant to adopt new solutions because of the fear of losing their jobs. Decisions related to the adoption of innovative technology are taken very cautiously and it is implemented only when it is necessary. So, at present health and safety of the miners is the prime focus area of the industry. Opportunities for new technologies appear to be tough based on the current scenario.
Mines of today are subjected to various issues such as energy and water consumption, increasing operating costs, fluctuating price of commodities, reduction in the profit margin, and health and safety (of miners). Transformation trends such as operational intelligence, developing infrastructure, demand and supply, integrated industry, utilization of greener concept, and emergence of new technologies are driving the need for enhanced and innovative sensing devices in the mining industry. Companies need to identify the key elements of transformation faster and devise strategies to accelerate adoption of novel sensing platforms. The mining industry is focused on the enhancing the functionalities of mines and health and safety of the miners.
The technology and innovation report has evaluated advances in sensing technologies, and its impact on the mining industry in the near-, medium-, and long-term. The requirement of the mining industry varies depending on its processes. The report captures sensor innovations from different dimensions such as exploration, ore deposition, ore extraction, transportation, ore processing, and health and safety of the miner.
Key questions addressed in the report:
What is the current status of mining industry?
What are the emerging needs in the mining industry?
What are the transformational trends in the mining industry?
What are the key steps involved in mining process?
How will sensor implementation benefit different processes in mining?
What are the key sensor innovations impacting mining industry?
What is the impact on megatrends?
What is the scope for technology convergence?
- Executive Summary
- Research Scope
- Research Modules
- Research Methodology
- Research Methodology Explained
- Summary of the Mining Industry
- Ranking of Transformational Trends
- Key Questions for Strategy Planning
- Mining Industry - A Sneak Preview
- Perspectives on 2016 Mining Industry - Mine Digitization, Enhanced Productivity, Increasing Efficiency, and Convergence
- PESTLE Analysis
- SWOT Analysis
- Emerging Needs in Mining Industry - Smarter Exploration, Efficient Mining Methods, Reduction in Noise, Digitization
- Transformation Trends in Mining
- Key Transformational Trends in The Mining Industry
- Transforming Demand and Supply Will Lead to Partnership Initiatives
- Utilizing a Greener Concept Will Transform Production in the Mining Industry
- Innovation in Technologies Will Give Rise to Sustainable Mining
- Development in Infrastructure Will Transform the Mining Industry in Emerging Markets
- Integrated Industry Will Transform to an Extended Value Chain
- Operational Intelligence Will Transform the Complex Mining Industry
- Sensors Transforming the Mining Industry
- Sensor Applicability in Mining Industry - Exploration, Ore Deposition, Extraction, Processing, Transportation and Communication, and Health and Safety
- Steps in the Mining Process - Exploration, Ore Deposition
- Steps in the Mining Process - Ore Extraction, Transportation
- Steps in the Mining Process - Ore Processing, Health and Safety
- Key Sensor Innovations in Health and Safety
- Wireless Gas Sensing System
- Smart Personal Protective Equipment for Miners
- Fiber Optic-based Sensing System
- Magnetic Field Positioning System
- Seismic Sensor for Position Sensing
- Self Powered Armband for Measuring Temperature
- Key Sensor Innovation in Exploration
- Quantum Cascade Laser on a Silicon Chip
- Key Sensor Innovations in Ore Deposition
- Near Infrared Image Sensing
- CMOS Image Sensing
- Compact Image Sensor Based on Hyperspectral Imaging
- Key Sensor Innovation in Ore Extraction
- Autonomous Machine for Rock Blasting
- Multi Lens Camera
- On Site Sensor Sorting Solution for Extracted Ore
- Key Sensor Innovations in Transportation
- LIDAR with 8 Beams
- LIDAR with 16 Beams
- Thermal Imaging Camera
- Time Of Flight-based 3-Dimensional Image Sensing
- Vision System Based on Photon Detector
- Other Key Sensor Innovations for the Mining Industry
- Realsense-enabled Smart Helmet
- Fuel Quality Sensing
- Impact Assessment of Key Innovations
- Impact Assessment Methodology
- Impact of Innovations on the Mining Industry
- Strategic Perspectives
- Impact of Megatrends
- Technology Convergence
- Key Patents
- Key Patents - Inclination and MEMS Sensor
- Key Patents - Methane and Compositional Sensors
- Patent on Wearable Safety Sensor
- Key Contacts