US Prebiotic Ingredients Market Overview
The US prebiotic ingredients market was worth $ million in 2014, and is expected to grow at a CAGR of % from 2014 to 2020.
The prebiotic ingredients market will be supported by the demand for natural and functional food, as consumers increasingly pay more attention to their health.
The established nature and popularity of inulin means that it is expected to be the dominating ingredient in both volume and revenue terms, throughout the forecast period.
Manufacturers are expected to increase the volume of prebiotics produced, in response to increased demand.
Prices of the individual prebiotics are driven mainly by supply and demand patterns. Inulin is the most established prebiotic ingredient, hence more competition exists in this market space.
Xylo-oligosaccharide is seen to be highly price competitive given its minimal RDI, compared to other prebiotics.
About this report
The United States prebiotics market is currently in a growth stage and is expected to experience considerable development throughout the forecast period. Growth of the market will be driven by the increasing demand for functional foods in the United States as consumers become more aware of the benefits of prebiotics beyond digestive health. Furthermore, there is still a gap of at least 10 grams per day in the fibre intake of the average American. The market prices will be supported by demand, but there remains the question of how much the increased competition will offset any of the price increase.
- Executive Summary
- Key Findings
- Market Definitions
- Prebiotic Ingredient Definitions
- Market Overview
- US Prebiotic Ingredients Market-Revenue Forecast
- Table Total Prebiotic Ingredients Market: Revenue Forecast, US, 2014-2020
- US Prebiotic Ingredients Market-Revenue Forecast Discussion
- US Prebiotic Ingredients Market-Unit Shipment Forecast
- Table Total Prebiotic Ingredients Market: Unit Shipment Forecast, US, 2014-2020
- US Prebiotic Ingredients Market-Unit Shipment Forecast Discussion
- US Prebiotic Ingredients Market-Market Segmentation by Ingredient
- US Prebiotic Ingredients Market-Value Chain Overview
- Prebiotic Ingredient Price Analysis
- US Prebiotic Ingredients Market-Average Selling Price Per Kilogram
- US Prebiotic Ingredients Market-Price Driver Summary
- Drivers Explained
- US Prebiotic Ingredients Market-Health Benefits Overview
- US Prebiotic Ingredients Market-Summary Review of Recommended Daily Intakes
- Table Total Prebiotic Ingredients Market: Summary of Scientifically-substantiated Recommendations, US, 2014
- US Prebiotic Ingredients Market-Expected Recommended Daily Intake and Price per Dose
- Table Total Prebiotic Ingredients Market: Expected Recommended Daily Intake and Price per Dose Summary Overview, US, 2014
- US Prebiotic Ingredients Market-Expected Price per Recommended Dose
- US Prebiotic Ingredients Market-Summary of Key Findings
- Prebiotic Ingredients Price Determinants Overview
- US Prebiotic Ingredients Market-Price Determinants
- Table Prebiotics Ingredient Ranking Based on Associated Health Benefits, US, 2014
- Table Number of FDA GRAS Notification for Each Prebiotic Ingredient, US, 2014
- US Prebiotic Ingredients Market-Price Determinants: Competitive Dynamics