Personal Protective Equipment Distribution Trends in Western Europe
The Western European personal protective equipment (PPE) distribution market is estimated at € billion in 2014 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of to % between 2014 and 2019.
The PPE distribution market is rapidly consolidating, with aggressive mergers and acquisitions (M&A) from general industrial distributors with the aim of increased safety specialization.
Bunzl plc, Brammer plc, Grainger inc, Sonepar, and Ahlsell are some of the general industrial distributors that have made noteworthy acquisitions in the past few years.
Top Distribution Trends
Distributors continue to dominate the sales route to the market for PPE in Western Europe.
Top market trends include increased penetration of office supply companies and maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) in PPE; growth of PPE vending machines; and increasing importance of services.
About this report
The study analyses the personal protection equipment distribution market in Western Europe. The study discusses regional trends, types of distributors, emerging new channels, and top distribution trends in the market. Market estimates and product and regional splits are provided for the base year 2014. Products covered are basic workwear, above-the-neck protection, respiratory protection, protective gloves, protective clothing, protective footwear, fall protection, and gas detectors. The regional scope includes Germany, the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland, France, Italy, Scandinavia, Benelux, Iberia, and Alpine.
- Executive Summary
- Regional Scope
- PPE Distribution Market Overview-Western Europe
- PPE Industry Supply Chain-Western Europe
- PPE Industry Supply Chain-Key Expectations
- Types of PPE Distributors
- What Do Different Distributors Sell?
- General Industrial Distributors versus Safety Specialist Distributors-Success Factors
- Other Specialist Distributors
- Distributor Sourcing Trends for Branded Products
- PPE Distribution Market-Western Europe
- PPE Distribution Market Engineering Measurements
- Table Total PPE Distribution Market: Market Engineering Measurements, Western Europe, 2014
- Revenue Breakdown by Type of Product
- Revenue Breakdown by Country/Region
- Profitability of PPE Distributors-An Overview
- Distribution Margin by PPE Type
- Distributor Private Labels-An Emerging Revenue Stream
- Ease of Private Labelling by PPE Type
- How Are PPE Brand Manufacturers Responding to Private Labels?
- Impact of the Revision of the European PPE Directive on Private Labels
- Distribution Trends
- Top Distribution Trends in Western European PPE Market
- Emerging New Sales Channels for PPE
- PPE Vending Machines
- Increasing Importance of Services
- Consolidation of PPE Distributors
- Consolidation of PPE Distributors-Overview of M&A, Western Europe
- eCommerce in the PPE Industry
- How Do Different Distributors Differentiate Themselves?
- Regional Trends
- Employment Trends-Western Europe
- Table Total PPE Distribution Market: Total Employment by Company Size, Western Europe, 2014
- Key Market Requirements by Company Size
- Employment versus PPE Market Mapping-Western Europe
- Strength of Distributor Types-Western Europe
- Percent Revenue by Product Type-Germany
- Competitive Structure-Germany
- Percent Revenue by Product Type-France
- Competitive Structure-France
- Percent Revenue by Product Type-United Kingdom and ROI
- Competitive Structure-United Kingdom and ROI
- Percent Revenue by Product Type-Italy
- Competitive Structure-Italy
- Percent Revenue by Product Type-Scandinavia
- Competitive Structure-Scandinavia
- Percent Revenue by Product Type-Benelux
- Competitive Structure-Benelux
- Percent Revenue by Product-Iberia
- Competitive Structure-Iberia
- Percent Revenue by Product Type-Alpine
- Competitive Structure-Alpine
- Partial List of Key European PPE Distributors