Outlook of the Global Automotive Industry in 2015
The global automotive market is expected to surpass million units sales driven by driven by growth in the western world which will offset the slowdown in the emerging markets.
Collapse of the D segment and rise of C and Small and Compact SUV segment.
Women as a customer to become prominent.
Mercedes Benz could overtake Audi and achieve the number 2 position in premium vehicle market.
Hybrids to gain share, followed by EVs and hydrogen.
Connected car definition to go beyond the vehicle to connected living, and entry of new participants such as Google and Alibaba to cause nightmares to OEMs.
Digital retailing of parts, service, and sales of cars to accelerate. Online sales launched by OEMs including BMW, Renault, and Volvo to compete with Daimler and Dacia.
Global policy makers to support legislation change and testing for placing autonomous cars on roads.
India could be the dark horse as low fuel prices and economic growth spurs % automotive growth.
Volume OEMs to push entry into the mobility space as participants such as Ford, Toyota, and Nissan expand their presence.
About this report
The year 2015 is expected to witness global light vehicle sales surpassing 90 million units, with growth in the US and Europe market balancing the slowdown in the emerging markets. Ridesharing, intelligent mobility, and Big Data analytics are key trends that will influence the market in 2015. This research analyzes the emerging market trends and makes bold predictions for 2015. Apart from analyzing market growth in major automotive markets, growth in upcoming markets and segments are examined. The research also covers advancements in powertrain, electric vehicle, telematics, aftermarket, and mobility integration space. The base year of the study is 2014, with forecasts up to 2021.
- Executive Summary
- Bold Predictions for 2015
- Disruptive Trends in 2015
- Key Highlights of 2014
- Research Scope and Segmentation
- Research Scope
- Vehicle Segmentation
- Key Global Automotive Sales Trends
- Global Light Vehicle Sales by Region in 2015—A Snapshot
- Winners of 2014
- Top 5 Markets by Sales Volume in 2014
- Global Light Vehicle Sales by OEM in 2015—A Snapshot
- Key Regional Market—ASEAN
- Key Regional Market—Europe (G5 vs E5)
- Key Regional Market—Emerging Economies (BRIC)
- Key Regional Market—Emerging Economies (MISTA vs Stan & Jan)
- Key Regional Markets—BRI, MISTA (N5), Stan and Jan
- Key Launches in 2014
- Key Launches in 2015
- Key Automotive Markets and Trends to Watch
- Global Automotive Production vs Global GDP vs Fuel Trends
- Collapse of D Segment and Rise of C and SUV Segment
- Evolution of New Vehicle Segments
- Focus on the Luxury Segment in 2015
- Key OEMs Strategies for the Luxury Car Market
- Table Top 10 Luxury OEMs by Market Share by Country Within the Luxury Segment, US, G5, Brazil, Russia, India, China, 2014
- Re-emergence of the Sports Car in 2015
- German OEMs to Lead the EV Race
- Will Hydrogen Fuel Cells be the Next Big Thing?
- OEMs Lightweighting Strategies in 2015
- Comparative Analysis of OEM Light Weight Strategies
- Ultra Premium Brands Coming into the SUV Segment
- Evolving Definition of a Flagship Model
- OEMs to Incorporate Health, Wellness, and Well-being in Cars
- Changing Automotive Connectivity Landscape
- International Expansion of Chinese OEMs
- Recalls Revamping the Supply Chain
- Localization of Manufacturing and Brand-less Manufacturing
- Global Investment for New Technology and not just Regional
- New Collaborative Business Models—"Mobility for Loyalty"
- BMW Carsharing and REWE Supermarket
- Women in Cars—Women as a Customer
- Driving License Holders by Gender—Global
- Women as a Customer—From Pink to Personalized
- Eight Key Design Trends Female Consumers will Push
- OEMs Targeting Females with New Business Models
- Porsche—Engineered `for Her'
- ASEAN Market Outlook
- Eco & Green Car Programs
- ASEAN Market Overview
- Malaysian Automotive Market in 2015
- Thai Automotive Market in 2015
- Indonesian Automotive Market in 2015
- Powertrain Outlook
- Global Powertrain Mix—Unit Shipment by Region Snapshot
- Key 2014 Powertrain Market Trends
- Market Breakdown by Segment and Propulsion Types' Growth
- Powertrain Technology Development and Adoption Drivers
- Key Powertrain Technologies and Trends to Watch
- Top Powertrain and Electric Vehicle Predictions for 2015
- eMobility Outlook
- Electric Vehicle Sales
- Sales Forecast by Region and Technology
- Key Market in United States
- Electric Vehicles Market Highlights—China
- Key Findings
- eRetailing Outlook
- Unbundling of the Automotive Business Starts in 2014—The Multi-Channel Strategy for Future
- Digital Touchpoints of a New Customer Journey on which Most OEMs are Now Working
- Shift from Transactional to Experience-based Approach
- Digital Strategy of OEMs
- Online Retailing—The 360-Degree Integrated Customer Journey
- Online and Digital Auto eRetailing
- Nissan's 300 `Lady First' Dealerships Opened in 2014
- Mercedes Me (Hamburg) Launched in 2014
- eRetailing Market Outlook for 2014–2015
- Five Key Trends in Automotive Parts eRetailing in 2015
- Growth Outlook of Parts and Service Retailing Trends
- Key eRetailing Trends by Region
- Online Parts vs Total Aftermarket Parts Revenue—North America
- Online Parts vs Total Aftermarket Parts Revenue—Europe
- Road to Intelligent Mobility
- Three Pillars of Intelligent Mobility
- New Market Opportunities to appear in Mobility in 2015
- From Telematics Connectivity to Network Connectivity
- Business Case for Intelligent Mobility
- Intelligent Mobility is a Convergence of Safety, Connectivity, and Mobility
- Jaguar Land Rover's Vision of Self Learning Car
- Self Learning Cars—Quest to Reduce Driver Distraction and Enhance Experience
- Smart Navigation Focused on Collating Data for Computing Real Time Data, the System Pre-selects the Best Route for the User
- Intelligent Mobility—Road Map to the Future
- Connectivity and Big Data Analytics Outlook
- Key Predictions for 2015
- CES 2015 Highlights
- Recap of 2014
- 2014 Frost & Sullivan Predictions vs Actuals
- The Business Model of Connected Car is Like an "Iceberg"—The Impact is Significant, but the Most Important Part is Immersed!
- Mobility Outlook
- Growth in Fleet and Leasing Market in Europe
- Ridesharing Market Outlook
- Table Ridesharing Market: Members, Europe and North America, 2013
- Corporate Car Sharing Outlook
- Evolution of Corporate Mobility Allowances
- Table Best Participant to Provide New Solution—By Country
- Future of Parking to Include Innovations in the Areas of Reservation, Navigation, Payments, and Sensor-assisted Real-time Parking Sessions
- Key Conclusions
- List of Acronyms
- Image Source
- Market Engineering Methodology