Outlook of the Global Analytical Instrumentation Industry, 2017 and 2018
The total analytical instrumentation market generated $17,606.5 million in 2016. The pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, and life sciences end-user sector captured 34.3% in the analytical instrumentation market in 2016. This end user is the largest end user for chromatographs, molecular and elemental analysis spectrometers, and analytical microscopes segment. Food testing, biopharmaceuticals, life sciences, and clinical markets will go through high growth in 2017 and 2018 driven by advancement in customer requirements.
This analytical instrumentation outlook study includes the following technologies:
• North America: Canada and the United States
• Europe: Western Europe, Central Europe, Russia, and Eastern Europe
• Asia Pacific: Western rim of the Pacific Ocean, the Indochina Peninsula, the Pacific Islands, and Central Asia
• Rest of the world: Central America, South America, Mexico, the Middle East, and Africa
Key End Users
• Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology, and Life Sciences
• Government and academic research institutions and laboratories
• Industrial Sectors
• Applied Markets
• Life Sciences
• Material Sciences
• Metals and Minerals
• Scientific Research
• Chemicals and Petrochemicals
• Food and Beverage
• Oil and Gas
• Water and Wastewater
• Metals and Mining
• Others (including end users such as power plants, electronics and other industrial applications, defense, homeland security, power generation, iron and steel, pulp and paper, electronics, and semiconductors)
Key predictions for 2017 and 2018
• Process / online / continuous analyzers will be in demand more than the laboratory analytical instruments as these instruments reduce additional analysis and improve customer’s productivity.
• Food testing, biopharmaceuticals, life sciences, and clinical markets will go through high growth in 2017 and 2018 driven by advancement in customer requirements.
• Multi-vendor and value-added services will be in demand, resulting in increase in revenue for manufacturers and third-party service providers.
• Laser-based analyzers will be in demand as it reduces the operational cost of customers.
• The need for automation of analytical processes will drive the demand for advanced analytical instrumentation without sample preparation.
• Emerging markets will be in need of analytical instruments to improve the quality of their goods and compete with international standards.
• Certain saturated product segments such as chromatography will limit the market growth in developed countries.
• 2017 and 2018 are likely to witness stronger collaborations between the customers and manufacturers, with manufacturers customizing solutions to the needs of the specific customer.
Electronic Access - Site License Fulfilled By Publisher
Hard Copy Mail Delivery
Electronic Access - Global site License Fulfilled By Publisher