This study examines the North American SMB (small and mid-sized business) and VSB (very small business) markets for mobile workforce applications. It also discusses optimal strategies for addressing the unique needs of these two segments. Mobile workforce applications are software solutions that allow remote and mobile employees real-time access to -- and exchange of -- information, collaboration, and/or guidance via their smartphones, tablets, and other mobile devices (including, increasingly, wearables such as smart watches). Key market trends, the competitive landscape, and potential growth opportunities are defined and discussed. Frost & Sullivan survey results regarding North American SMB versus VSB preferences, plans, and demand for mobile workforce apps and various channel partners are also charted and analyzed.
In North America, mobile workforce app providers can make the mistake of treating small and mid-sized businesses as one monolithic entity. In fact, sharp differences exist between the very small business sector, which is usually defined as under 25 employees (and also known as a micro-business), and the 25-499 employee SMB segment. Recognizing both the differences and similarities in concerns, priorities, expertise levels, etc. helps leaders in the mobile workforce app sector sell more effectively and profitably to both audiences. Numerous growth opportunities exist for providers that wish to take a leadership role and attract more attention from very small, small, and mid-market businesses. These include enriching the app portfolio in new ways, focusing on customers' revenue generation needs, and not abandoning the customer once the sale is made.
Major challenges for the mobile workforce app providers that are trying to win in the SMB/VSB market include:
• Differentiating against other providers
• Earning the trust of these businesses, especially VSBs
• Dealing with customer purchase barriers such as tight budgets and very limited IT staff and internal expertise
• Preventing customer churnout after the sale
Key questions that this study will answer include:
• What strategic moves have current mobile workforce app providers made in order to sell into the SMB and VSB markets?
• What are the key issues and trends that have emerged around SMB/VSB purchase and deployment of mobile workforce apps?
• What are the preferences and plans of today's North American VSBs and SMBs regarding mobile workforce applications? Do they have any
preferred mobility partners?
• How are leading mobile workforce app providers innovating in this market?
• What are the near-term growth opportunities in the SMB/VSB market for today's mobile workforce app providers?
Electronic Access - Site License Fulfilled By Publisher
Hard Copy Mail Delivery
Electronic Access - Global site License Fulfilled By Publisher