Innovations in Smart Lighting (TechVision)
Smart Lighting is enabled by technologies such as solid state lighting, control systems, sensing and communication. These technologies play an integral role in occupancy sensing, sharing the harvested data, controlling the power consumed and light output based on requirement. Advantages of smart lighting include better control, connectivity, and energy efficiency. Smart lighting competes with the well-established lighting technologies. Retrofitting will play a major role in shaping the smart lighting market and is attractive in sectors such as commercial, public space, and building lighting.
The technology and innovation report captures current trends, market scenario, and key technologies that influence the adoption of smart lighting solutions.
Key questions that are covered in the report include:
What is the significance of smart lighting and where it is used?
What is the industry trend driving adoption?
What are the various factors that affect the adoption of smart lighting?
Who are the key innovators and their innovation profiles?
What is the R&D programs driving innovation?
What is the funding and patent trend?
What is the global technology adoption scenario?
What is the market potential of smart lighting?
Where are the growth opportunities lying and what is the roadmap for the identified opportunities?
How can organizations leverage the benefits of smart lighting solutions?
- Executive Summary
- Research Scope
- Research Process and Methodology
- Key Findings – IoT Trend will Propel Increased Adoption of Smart Lighting Solutions in the Future
- Key Findings – Commercial and Public Lighting are Key Target Markets
- Technology Significance
- Energy Efficiency Drives the Adoption of Smart Lighting Solutions
- Data Harvesting, Building and Street Lighting, Energy Efficiency, and VLC are Key Benefits
- Trend Assessment and Application Landscape
- Energy Efficiency Drive and Rise of Connected Devices Promote Use of Smart Lighting
- Commercial and Public Lighting are the Most Sought After Applications
- Factors Influencing Adoption
- Active Stakeholder Initiatives and Government Funding are Major Drivers
- High Product Cost and Technology Pitfalls Restrict the Growth of the Market
- Key Innovators and Innovation Profiles
- Decentralized Control Solutions for Lighting from Organic Response, Australia
- Wireless Networking Topology with over 10,000 nodes from ChessWise, Netherlands
- Visible Light Communication and Smart Lighting Solutions from LightBee Corp., Spain
- Dimmers and Control Solution for Existing Lighting from Control4 Corporation, United States
- Educational and Research Programs from Intelligent Lighting Institute, Netherlands
- Enterprise Internet of Things Based Connected Solution from Daintree Networks, United States
- Visible Light Communication Technology from pureLiFi, United Kingdom
- Combined Effort to Develop Smart Lighting and Visual Light Communication Solutions in USA by LESA, United States
- Zumtobel Group, Austria - One of the Key Players Enabling Connected Solutions in Europe
- R&D Projects and Patent Trends
- Regional Adoption: Private Companies and Government Support Drive Adoption in EU And NA
- High Adoption Evident in Commercial and Public Sectors in Europe
- Government Funding for SSL projects on the Rise in the North American Region
- China leads Patenting Activities
- Market Potential
- New Business Models will Boost Smart Lighting Market
- Developing Retrofitting Solutions will Strengthen Smart Lighting Value Chain
- Technology Roadmap and Growth Opportunities
- Technology Trends Impacting Smart Lighting: Sensing & Monitoring, Solid State Lighting, and Universal Control
- Smart Lighting Roadmap: Lighting-as-a-Service Shows Promise in the Near Term
- Strategic Perspectives and Recommendations
- Partnering with Microgrid and Virtual Power Plant (VPP) Operator will Open Up Newer Opportunities
- Key Patents
- Key Patents – IoT and Monitoring Methods
- Patents Related to Configuration Methods and Luminaire
- Patents Related to Moving Lighting System and LED Street Lamp
- Key Contacts