Innovations in Flexible Batteries (TechVision)
The technology report titled “Innovations in Flexible Batteries” focuses on emerging trends and opportunities associated with flexible and bendable batteries in various industries worldwide. Frost & Sullivan has identified the technology development trend in the bendable batteries sector as emerging from thin to thinner devices. This is coupled with the ever increasing demand from modern consumer electronic devices.
This research service will investigate the technology and innovation landscape leading to creation of novel flexible battery products. The fact is that traditional battery technologies project a number of challenges because of their rigidity when applied to consumer electronic devices. Energy requirements are changing and improved ultracapacitor technologies are reflecting threats on the battery domain. However, there is definitely scope for companies to recognize an opportunity to stay ahead of the competition.
This technology and innovation report will discuss emerging trends and opportunities for the flexible battery industry globally. This report will benefit healthcare and consumer electronics stakeholders — particularly technology developers, distributers, retailers, and policy makers.
Key questions covered in this report:
What is the current status of the flexible battery technology?
What are the key industry and R&D trends propelling adoption?
What are the attractive applications?
What are the key innovations?
Who are the key academic and corporate innovators?
What are the factors influencing adoption?
What are the future prospects and growth opportunities?
How can organizations capitalize opportunities?
- Executive Summary
- Research Scope
- Research Process and Methodology
- Research Methodology Explained
- Key Findings
- Technology Status Review
- Technology Holds High Market Potential
- Application Landscape - Sector Ranges from Consumer Electronic Devices to Defense and Security
- With More than 150 Patents Evident in this Area, China Leads the Trend
- Funding Scenario - APAC Leads the Trend, Followed by North America
- Assessment of Value Chain Network - From University Labs to e-commerce Websites
- Assessment of Value Chain Network - Collaboration Exists from Design to Packaging
- R&D Trends in Flexible Batteries - Driven by Cost Efficiency, Environmental Viability, and Bendability Requirements
- Ease of Manufacturing and Faster Charging Supported By Significant Funding are Key Trends
- Innovation Landscape and Impact Assessment
- Market Impact of Key Innovations - High Form Factor, Durability, Moldularity, Energy, and Power Density Drive Growth
- Academic Innovations - Faster Charging and Development in Flexible OLED Devices Drive Flexible Batteries Market
- Academic Innovations - High Form Factor and Ultrathin Dimension Boosts Scalability in Flexible Batteries
- Academic Innovations - Possible Solution for Swelling of Batteries and High Temperature Operations
- Academic Innovations - Electrolyte and Cathode Advances Improve Safety Factor
- Academic Innovations - Addressing Leakage Problem and Formation of Films on Electrode
- Corporate Innovations - Battery in the Form of Cable Expected to Drive Wearables Market
- Corporate Innovations - Battery that can be Directly Integrated into Watch Strap
- Corporate Innovations - Flexible Batteries Withstanding Cuts and Punctures
- Corporate Innovations - Moisture to Charge Flexible Batteries, and Autonomous Device Development
- Corporate Innovations -Thin Printed Batteries for Cards and Smart Labels
- Corporate Innovations - An Alternative to Lithium Chemistry : Primary Zinc Batteries
- Corporate Innovations - Thin Film Batteries for RFID Tags With 10+ Years Longevity
- Corporate Innovations - Zinc-Manganese Dioxide-based Flexible Batteries for Industry Scale Production
- Corporate Innovations - Foldable Batteries for Cards and Smartwatches
- Corporate Innovations - Hybrid Storage Technology for Mobile Phones
- Corporate Innovations - Isolated Cell Approach for Better Reliability and Modularity
- Corporate Innovations - Ultra-thin Power Solutions for IOT and Associated Products
- Corporate Innovations - Thin Batteries for Low Voltage Defense and Security Applications
- Corporate Innovations - Aqueous Electrolyte Chemistry for Better Power Density
- Corporate Innovations - Flexible, Dust, and Moisture-resistant Batteries for Sportsmen
- Factors Influencing Adoption
- Key Drivers - Emergence of Flexible Circuits, Self-Repair Functionalities, High Performance Manufacturing
- Flexible Circuits Create Demand for Flexible Batteries
- Associated Markets Drive Flexible Battery Demand
- Improved and More Effective Methodologies Like Selective Sorting of Polymers are Likely to Drive Growth Opportunities
- Self-healing Features Reduce Maintenance Costs
- Selection of Materials and Nanotechnology Challenges are Major Concerns
- The Ideal Material is Still Unknown and Cost Effective Alternate Technologies can Slow Down Adoption
- Unavailability of Stable Electrodes and Nanotechnology Challenges Limit Adoption
- Future Prospects and Growth Opportunities
- Technology Roadmap - Flexible Batteries To Make Robotic Skin a Reality
- Inexpensive Manufacturing and High Form Factor Will Enable Bendable Batteries Serve Needs of Various Markets
- Hybrid Designs are an Attractive Option
- Key Conclusions - Improving Energy Density is the Key Focus
- Key Patents
- Key Patents - Method of Increasing Capacity, Devices
- Key Patents - Multicell Battery, Battery Pack
- Key Patents - Flexible Electronic Devices, Fabrics
- Key Patents - Yarn based Batteries, Flexible Substrate
- Key Patents - Flexible Secondary and Thin Battery
- Key Contacts