Innovations Empowering Social Robots
Robotics is being adopted globally in various industries for automated applications. Among these robots, social robots play vital role in directly interacting with human beings. These social robots utilize several technologies from cloud computing, touch sensor, motion sensor, servo motors, facial recognition software, 3D cameras, computer chips powerful operating systems and advanced artificial intelligence algorithms to make robots appear and interact more life-like.
The research report captures innovations in social robotics which could have applications in healthcare, retail/trade, hospitality and education. Some of the key applications of social robots include childcare, elderly care, interact/assist with customers in retail shops, entertain people in tradeshows/exhibitions, assisting human beings in day-to-day activities, assist hotel guests in delivering products and teach/coach children.
Key questions answered in the study:
What are social robots?
What are the needs for social robots?
What are the needs driving innovations in social robots for various applications?
What are the factors influencing the development of smart robots?
What are the region wise key players?
What are the key funding trends witnessed in the social robots space?
When is the key impact of social robotics?
- Executive Summary
- Research Scope
- Research Methodology
- Research Methodology Explained
- Key Findings
- Social Robots- A Brief Overview
- Why do we need Social Robots?
- Key Industries Impacted by Social Robots and its Applications
- Simplicity and government initiatives drive innovations
- Advancement in Technologies encouraging development
- Safety and design to drive wide scale adoptions
- Acceptance and technological advancements to restrict market growth
- High Cost of humanoid robots and Designing user interface/experience to restrict market growth
- Edutainment robots, companion robots and healthcare robots to witness increase adoption
- Key Participants in the Social Robots arena
- Role of Social Robots in Healthcare, Retail, Hospitality and Education sector
- Social robots to enhance lifestyle of elderly and children in healthcare applications
- Implementation cases of Social Robots in the Healthcare industry
- Building customer databases with shopping patterns for enhanced serviceability
- Implementation cases of Social Robots in the Hospitality industry
- Social robots used in educational sectors to enhance both creativity and education standards
- Implementation cases of Social Robots in the Education industry
- Recent Innovations in Social Robots
- Social robots to aid children with autism
- Smart Robots Enhancing lifestyle of people
- Robotic toy to treat children suffering from autism
- Robotic Chair to assist elderly in performing daily tasks
- Multi purpose robot with social intelligence
- Autonomous social robot with LiDAR for service industry
- Humanoid Personal robot assistant
- Open Source Personal Robotic Assistant
- Companion Robots for Smart Homes
- Expressive social robot with advanced AI
- Robotic Toy connected with cloud for education
- Patent and Funding Trends
- APAC dominates R&D focused on developing technologies on human-machine interactions
- Increased Government Funding to drive innovations in Healthcare
- Funding to improve the cognitive functionalities and AI in service robots
- Funding Opportunities
- Future of Social Robots and Growth Opportunities
- Future Advancements in Social Robots- Roadmap
- Social robots in Retail & Finance applications has future growth opportunities
- Industry Contacts