Growth Opportunities in Chinese Commercial Truck Market, Forecast to 2025
China owns the largest automotive market globally. The Chinese commercial truck market is expected to experience a positive growth at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.1% during 2016–2025. This is a mature market which is highly concentrated and led by Foton, Dongfeng, JAC, FAW, and CNHTC in China, with a joint market share of 53.7% across light-duty, medium-duty, and heavy-duty truck segments in 2016.
Digital freight brokerage, autonomous driving, connected service, digital transformation, rise of Chinese trucks, and new energy powertrain are the key growth opportunities that will drive demand for trucks during the long term. These new business areas are expected to improve logistics service and fleets’ driving experience in China.
The Chinese commercial truck market is expected to shift to a digitalized platform and modernized logistics performance, achieving seamless connectivity between upstream and downstream of supply chain integration, as well as the communication among commercial truck related enterprises, logistics firms, truck fleets, and truck drivers in China.
Diesel powertrain is expected to continue its dominance in the Chinese commercial truck market during the long term. Nevertheless, emission standard restriction, purchase incentive offered by both central and regional governments, as well as new launch of truck models are motivating the market adoption of new energy powertrain solution during the long term.
Light-duty truck will continue to enhance its largest market share among truck segment, accounting for 62.6% of new truck sales in 2025. Cold chain is targeted to be one of the fastest growing logistics businesses especially in the light-duty segment in China; key involvements are fresh food and take-away catering.
The aim of this study is to research, analyze, and forecast emerging commercial truck platform strategies in the light-duty, medium-duty, and heavy-duty commercial truck market. The study presents a strategic growth opportunity insight into the Chinese commercial truck market and its impact on the growing trends up to 2025.
• To provide a strategic perspective of the commercial truck market in China, including key macro-economic factors, market drivers and restraints
• To provide market size and sales potential of light-duty, medium-duty, and heavy-duty commercial trucks up to 2025
• To provide competitive analysis on OEMs' market share movement based on several years
• To provide strategic growth opportunity analysis on current scenarios and future outlook
• To present an actionable set of recommendations for stakeholders to grow in the commercial truck market in China
Key Questions this Study will Answer
• What is the business environment of the commercial truck market that is impacted by the government’s plans in China?
• What are the growth opportunities strategies of key Chinese OEMs in developing commercial truck market in China?
• What are the current scenario and future outlook of digital freight brokerage activities in China?
• What are the key freight demands among different commercial truck segments including light-duty, medium-duty, and heavy-duty in China?
• What is the key commercial truck market transformation outlook of adopting global logistics trends attaching with the fulfillment of Chinese government’s plans?
The research discusses market overview, Mega Trends, and industry convergence implications, logistics market in China, digital freight brokerage, autonomous driving technology, connected truck, digital transformation, rise of Chinese trucks, new energy powertrain, market drivers and restraints, forecasts and trends, market share, and competitive analysis and growth opportunities. The study closes with conclusions and future outlook.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook