Analysis of the US Government Cybersecurity Market, FY 2018
The government cybersecurity market is at a pivotal point where it must look towards more innovative technologies and capabilities in order to protect its vast data reserves, including citizen information, government plans and strategies, and intelligence and assessments vital to national security. Robust cybersecurity capabilities are no longer a “want to have,” but rather a critical need due to the rapidly evolving threat landscapes and an exponential increase in data collected. In addition to advanced cybersecurity protection programs, government cyber experts must also look to increase their network fortification capabilities and their threat intelligence and analysis reporting. Overcoming obstacles such as limited budgets, a critical shortage in trained cybersecurity personnel, and drawn-out contracting practices that prevent more innovative companies from entering the government market will prove integral to continued growth and innovation in the market. Prominent contractors in the government sector, including Leidos, General Dynamics, and Lockheed Martin, continue to build out and expand their cybersecurity capabilities through acquisitions and partnerships with commercial cyber companies, while more Tier II contractors are winning lucrative service and support contracts, showcasing the opening of the market to new technologies.
This research service lists prominent Tier I and II contractors and the programs in which they currently participate, as well as new opportunities in the United States’ government sector. It includes information about US government cybersecurity technology programs, including cyber protection programs, network fortification, and threat analysis and intelligence capabilities for all levels of government. It covers spending for federal government agencies, such as the Department of Defense and Department of Homeland Security, and for state and local governments on specific cybersecurity programs and protections outside of basic network creation and monitoring programs. It also highlights specific programs and initiatives identified as growth opportunities for all levels of government.
Additional information includes:
- Short contractor profiles with awarded contracts and program highlights
- Current spending on cybersecurity technologies and technology trends
- Ongoing cybersecurity programs and initiatives
- Partnership initiatives and mergers and acquisitions that are shaping the market
- Opportunities for cybersecurity vendors looking to enter the government sector
- Links to corporate Web sites and news items of note
Questions this study will answer:
- Which companies are winning cybersecurity contracts for various agencies, and how do these contract needs vary?
- What cybersecurity capabilities are most in demand from the government sector?
- How do service and support capabilities compare in demand to new technology development and integration?
- What trends in the government sector will bring about new, innovative cyber capabilities?
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook