Global Set-top Box Market, Forecast to 2021
Set-top box vendors are focused on supporting devices that enable seamless rendering of high-quality video on a powerful user interface. The global set-top box market crossed 272 million in unit shipments in 2016 and is expected to grow to 323.9 million units at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.9% (2016-2021). The ongoing analog switch-off in several emerging economies, refresh cycles in North America and some parts of Europe, and upgrades to advanced functionality with a richer user interface for quick search and discovery of content are driving the growth of the global set-top boxes market.
The global market has been segmented into North America, Latin America (NALA), Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA).
This market insight covers the following:
• Detailed global market trend analyses—including market drivers, market restraints, technology trends, regional analysis, and competitive analysis.
• Detailed unit shipment and revenue forecasts for the total set-top box device market.
• A competitive landscape, in terms of major participants and market share analysis.
• A competitive analysis, concerning major participants and market share analysis for ARRIS, Technicolor, Huawei, Skyworth Digital, and Samsung.
The base year of the study is 2015, with forecasts running up to 2022. The research highlights key trends impacting the global enterprise set-top box market and outlines future implications. These trends include over-the-top (OTT) streaming and app-based multi-screen experiences capturing mindshare from traditional TV, smart TVs potentially threatening the future of set-top boxes and 4K ultra-high definition (HD) set-top boxes gaining strong momentum in the set-top box market.
Key questions this study will answer:
• Is the market growing? How long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
• What regional trends exist in the set-top box market, and what do they mean for global growth strategies for vendors?
• Are the products / services offered today meeting customer needs, or is additional development needed?
• What are the critical success factors? Who is further along the curve in addressing these issues?
• What are the major drivers and restraints in the set-top box market?
• What do vendors need to know to stay ahead of the curve?
• What are the key trends and how will they impact the set-top box market?
Readers who can benefit from the content found in this research include: set-top box vendors, complementary vendors such as middleware vendors, device vendors, and anyone looking to venture into the set-top box market.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook