Global Port Security Market, Forecast to 2023
Maritime trade continues to be critical to the movement of goods, with about 90% of global trade (by volume) being carried out by the shipping industry. Safe and secure transportation of goods remains a government priority globally to ensure economic stability and growth. Investment to protect goods in transit, including from land to sea, at port sites is thus critical. A large number of new port developments globally will drive high spending in these areas, as technology upgrades continue to be made in established and large ports.
Port security is not a new concern, and there is a legacy security infrastructure in place. However, with the digital transformation of industries and the growing automation of processes, there is now a need for more robust security. Cybersecurity has become a growing threat, with high-profile breaches occurring in the last few years. Ensuring the security of operational networks is a priority. In addition to physical security, more intelligent security systems are required. A focus on improving screening and detection to detect the illicit movements of goods and people will be another key priority for governments globally over the next five years. The growing adoption of the Internet of Things in ports will be a key driver for the adoption of more stringent port security solutions.
The following are some of the key questions this report seeks to address:
• What are the drivers and challenges faced by the port security market as a whole?
• What is the port security market forecast from 2016 through 2023?
• Which are some of the largest ongoing and future port security infrastructure expansion plans?
• Which are the various standards and legislative enactments that have impacted port security globally?
• What is the regional breakdown based on port traffic and how does this impact spending on security in ports?
• What are the various digital transformations across ports with respect to the various segments of port security, which include surveillance, access control and perimeter security, command and control integration, cybersecurity, communications, and screening and detection?
• What strategic imperatives do suppliers of port security need to take in order to stay ahead in a competitive environment?
• What are the opportunities and trends for port security suppliers globally, across Asia-Pacific, Europe, the Middle East, North America, Latin America, Africa, and Central Asia?
• What is the revenue forecast across the various regions (Asia-Pacific, Europe, the Middle East, North America, Latin America, Africa, and Central Asia)?
• What are the three big predictions for the years ahead from a port security standpoint?
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook