This study offers key highlights from analysis of the global electric vehicle (EV) market in 2016 and identifies the upcoming 2017 trends, specifically for the most dynamic markets of Europe, North America, China, Japan, and South Korea. Regional analysis offers EV sales in 2016 and estimated sales in 2017 by EV type: battery electric vehicle (BEV) and plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV). The study discusses the development of charging infrastructure and the standard adopted by each of the original equipment manufacturers (OEMs). Adoption of different types of technologies with reference to range, features, and batteries is discussed. The study also outlines how the market will transform in 2017 in terms of geographic growth.
The objective of this study is to provide the following:
• An executive outlook of the growth opportunities in the global EV market for 2017
• A strategic overview of the trends that will influence the global EV market in 2017
• A summary of the performance of EVs in 2016 and its impact on 2017
• An outline of market trends and forecasts for EV sales in 2017
• A detailed description of key EV models
The EV industry is moving towards a change in which the OEMs are focusing on long-range EVs that will provide 200+ miles on a single charge. This will require a higher battery capacity and reduced charging time to compete with conventional cars. EVs with a 200 mile range will be launched by GM (Chevrolet Bolt) and Tesla (Model 3). Most of the leading OEMs will re-launch their flagship models as second-generation models. BMW i3 and Ford Focus Electric will be launched with a facelift. A number of start-ups will launch their plans to introduce EVs into the market, which will mainly focus on competing with Tesla. Some of the companies include Lucid Motors, NextEV, Faraday Future, and Mission Motors. The Middle East, South Africa, South America, and a few countries in Asia-Pacific commenced sales of EVs in 2016. Though the market is not very attractive for the automakers, the Middle East is likely to become a hub for premium EVs.
Key Questions the Study Will Answer
• What are the current and future market trends of the EV market?
• How will the market transform in 2017 in term of the geographic growth?
• What are the current and future market trends in the EV charging infrastructure market?
• Which models are likely to be launched in next 2 to 3 years?
• What are the incentives available on purchase of EVs in Europe, North America, and China, and how will they impact the price of an EV?
Electronic Access - Site License Fulfilled By Publisher
Hard Copy Mail Delivery
Electronic Access - Global site License Fulfilled By Publisher