Global Economic Outlook 2015—BRICS
India appears to be on a steady growth path as a result of macroeconomic reforms pursued by the new government, increasing foreign investments, booming business confidence, and easing inflation. India is expected to experience the highest growth in 2015 amongst the BRICS countries.
Russia’s economic growth has been severely hurt as a result of sanctions imposed by the United States (US) and the European Union (EU) and low oil prices. The country is expected to enter recession in 2015.
China is expected to see a growth slowdown as a result of structural reforms and a sustained housing crisis. South Africa and Brazil are not expected to grow by more than % in 2015.
About this report
Apart from India which appears to be on an upward growth trajectory, the growth outlook for BRICS countries remains subdued. Russia is expected to continue to reel under the pressures of Western sanctions and falling crude oil prices, and no growth is expected in 2015. China’s housing market is expected to continue to remain weak in 2015 after a significant decline in housing sales in 2014. Weak growth is expected in South Africa and Brazil as well.
- Executive Summary
- Executive Summary-Economic Growth Trends in 2015
- Executive Summary-BRICS Economic Summary
- Executive Summary-Industry Outlook in 2015
- Definitions of Indicators and Measurements
- Definitions-Geographic Coverage
- Brazil-Key Performance Indicators
- What is Trending in 2015 in Brazil?
- What is Trending in 2015 Brazil?
- Brazil-Industry Indicator Scorecard
- Table Industry Growth, Brazil, 2011-2015
- Brazil-Industry Performance
- Russia-Key Performance Indicators
- What is Trending over 2015 in Russia?
- Russia-Industry Indicator Scorecard
- Table Industry Growth, Russia, 2011-2015
- Russia-Industry Performance
- India-Key Performance Indicators
- What is Trending over 2015 in India?
- What is Trending over H1 2014 in India?
- India-Industry Indicator Scorecard
- Table Industry Growth, India, 2011-2015
- India-Industry Performance
- China-Key Performance Indicators
- What is Trending over 2015 in China?
- China-Industry Indicator Scorecard
- Table Industry Growth, China, 2011-2015
- China-Industry Performance
- South Africa
- South Africa-Key Performance Indicators
- What is Trending over 2015 in South Africa?
- South Africa-Industry Indicator Scorecard
- Table Industry Growth, South Africa, 2011-2015
- South Africa-Industry Performance
- Conclusion and Key Takeaways