East African Smart Cities, Forecast to 2030
Research Scope: greenfield cities, brownfield cities, and smart hubs in East Africa.
This research service focuses on the development of smart cities in East Africa and provides an in-depth overview of a few profiled cities. It evaluates smart cities like Nairobi and Konza Tech City in Kenya and Kigali in Rwanda according to the development of initiatives aligned to
Frost & Sullivan’s eight smart city parameters. These parameters include:
The study also assesses leading drivers and restraints for the development of smart cities in East Africa.
Leading factors driving the development of smart cities in East Africa are:
Improved resource management
Economic benefits and job creation
Significant stakeholder support
Leading restraints to the development of smart cities in East Africa are:
Lack of appropriate skills
Lack of funding and capital investment
Lack of stakeholder support
Lack of legacy systems and infrastructure
The report also gives an overview of different funding models available to develop smart cities, and highlights the roles of major actors in the development of such cities. A few smart cities are analyzed in detail in this study. They are:
Nairobi and Konza Tech City in Kenya
Kigali in Rwanda
Key Questions the Study will Answer
1. What are the different kinds of smart cities in East Africa?
2. Which are the fast developing smart cities in East Africa?
3. How are smart cities scored by Frost & Sullivan? What are the key parameters that determine the scoring matrix?
4. What are some of the key roles within smart cities in East Africa?
5. What are the key opportunities for smart cities in East Africa?
6. What are the typical funding models for smart cities available in East Africa?
7. Which are the most successful smart cities in East Africa?
8. What is the future of smart cities in East Africa?
The study concludes with 3 major predictions for the future of smart cities in East Africa.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook