Digital Transformation of Telecommunications Operators in South Africa, 2016
This study provides an analysis of the digital transformation of the South African telecommunications operators. The service provider scope includes mobile network operators (MNOs), fixed-line operators, and mobile virtual network operators (MVNOs) and end-user scope includes consumers, small and medium enterprises (SMEs), and large enterprises.
This study explains the context of digital transformation in the telecommunications market, including digital customer engagement, and the strategic and tactical initiatives and the key digital trends that prompt operators to adopt digital transformation.
It provides a snapshot of global digital transformation trends adopted by leading operators including AT&T, Etisalat, SK Telecom, Orange, Telefonica, BT, Deutsche Telekom, Singtel, Verizon, and Giffgaff in terms of network operations, strategies and service offerings, and customer engagement.
The study provides an analysis of the South African telecommunications market, including the competitive market landscape along with the market share of mobile operators as well as highlighting the subscriber numbers and penetration rates for key indicators such as fixed-line communications, mobile communications, and Internet/data, 3G/4G network coverage, and segment-wise revenue breakdown for the base year 2016, with forecast measurements for 2017.
It identifies the key market drivers and restraints that are urging South African telecommunications operators to adopt digital transformation and analyses the overall mobile communications market revenue, operators’ revenue against their IT spending, extent of operator’s digitalisation and its business impact, and operators’ digital readiness index.
The study discusses case studies of leading telecommunications operators like Vodacom, MTN, and Telkom in the digital transformation context. Analyses their digital transformation strategy in terms of customer, operations, and people; historical revenue performance and how digitalisation is driving the revenue numbers; and the strategic initiatives adopted by them over the years in B2B as well as B2C segments to accelerate their journey.
It explores key growth opportunities that telecommunications operators will look to investing in and the strategic imperatives they will adopt to accelerate their digital transformation journey. It also throws light on the key predictions for the South African telecommunications market, in terms of digital transformation.
Key questions this study will answer:
• What are the global digital transformation trends in the telecommunications market, in terms of network operations, digital strategies and
service offerings, and customer engagement?
• What are the key market drivers and restraints for adopting digital transformation in the South African telecommunications market?
• What the key South African telecommunications market indicators, in terms of fixed-line, mobile, Internet/data, and 3G/4G network coverage?
• What is the overall South African mobile communications market revenue, operators’ revenue versus their IT spend, extent of operator’s
digitalisation and its business impact, and digital readiness index?
• How are the key South African telecommunication operators progressing in their digital transformation journey in terms of strategies and
• What are the 5 major growth opportunities that South African operators can capitalise on so as to expedite their digital transformation journey?
Electronic Access - Site License Fulfilled By Publisher
Hard Copy Mail Delivery
Electronic Access - Global site License Fulfilled By Publisher