DDoS Attack: Smoke Screen or Smoke Signal?
Where there is smoke, there is fire. Businesses must recognize DDoS attacks for the data security threat that they are, instead of the simple nuisances of earlier years. In this insight, Stratecast |Frost & Sullivan details the growing threat from smoke screen DDoS attacks, and offers business leaders recommendations for properly understanding DDoS risk in a cyber security context.
- DDoS Attack: Smoke Screen or Smoke Signal?
- Smoke Screen Attacks Introduce Heightened DDoS Risk Levels
- Smoke Screen DDoS Attacks Are Increasing in Frequency
- Smoke Screen DDoS Attacks Introduce Data Theft and Network Intrusion Threats
- Smoke Screen Attacks Obscure the True Cost of DDoS Attacks
- Smoke Screen DDoS Attacks are Highly Targeted Compared to Standard Cyber Threats
- Smoke Screen DDoS Risk Requires Strategic Adjustments
- DDoS Risk Must be Discussed in the Context of Cyber Security
- Businesses Must Update their DDoS Risk Assessments
- DDoS Mitigation Vendors Should Add Advanced Threat Detection Capabilities
- Security Companies Must Share Threat Intelligence
- Inline Solutions Will Gain a More Prominent Role in DDoS Defenses
- Service Providers Should Prioritize Efforts to Deliver "Clean Pipes" Services
- Recommendations for More Complete Assessments of DDoS Risk
- Assessing Probability of DDoS Attack
- Assessing Potential Impact of a Smoke Screen DDoS Attack
- The Last Word