Country Profile – Bahrain
Close to primary Middle Eastern petroleum sources, Bahrain enjoys a strategic location in the Persian Gulf, through which much of the Western world's petroleum transits to reach open ocean and is emerging as a major regional trans-shipment center.
The country’s demographic profile is young with a median age of years. Population growth rate is over percent
Bahrain is considered to be the first Gulf country to discover oil and benefit from an oil boom. The country has a relatively diversified and open economy and is expected to grow at an average of percent during 2015-2020.
Tourism, in particular, is expected to recover on the back of major commercial events such as the F1 Grand Prix.
The country has become an important onshore and offshore regional financial center because of its time zone advantage that bridges Asian markets‘ closing and European opening times, its well-developed communications system, market stability, and liberal regulatory environment.
Bahrain is the only country in the region offering percent foreign ownership of business assets and real estate in most sectors.
The country is ranked as the 12th most open economy worldwide by the Heritage Foundation.
About this report
A country profile is an instant guide to the political, economic, demographic, industrial, and business environment of a market. The report provides a range of quantitative and qualitative information on a variety of national aspects, including geography, economy, education, demography, labour, political climate, infrastructure, industry, tax, trade, investment, and ease of doing business. Additionally, the report provides a PESTLE analysis of a country's business climate. The country profile can be an effective tool for businesses in their marketing, strategy, and planning exercises when studying the future prospects of an economy.
- Executive Summary
- General Overview
- Bahrain - General Overview
- Bahrain - General Overview - Geography
- Bahrain - General Overview - Climate
- Demographic Trends
- Bahrain - Demographic Trends - Population and its Structure
- Bahrain - Demographic Trends - Select Indicators
- Table Demographic Trends, Bahrain, 2010-2015
- Bahrain - Demographic Trends - Working Population
- Bahrain - Demographic Trends - Labour Market
- Bahrain - Demographic Trends - Workforce Regulation
- Political Overview
- Bahrain - Political Overview - Domestic Scene
- Bahrain - Political Overview - International Scene
- Economic Scenario
- Bahrain - Economic Scenario - The Constituents of the Economy
- Bahrain - Economic Scenario - Select Indicators
- Table Economic Scenario, Bahrain, 2014-2020
- Bahrain - Economic Scenario - Money and Banking
- Bahrain - Economic Scenario - Financial Support for Industry
- PESTLE Analysis
- Bahrain - PESTLE Analysis - An Overview
- Bahrain - PESTLE Analysis - Key Factors
- Bahrain - Infrastructure - Select Indicators
- Table Infrastructure, Bahrain, 2011-2015
- Bahrain - Infrastructure - Natural Resources
- Table Natural Resources, Bahrain, 2014
- Bahrain - Industry - Select Indicators
- Table Select Indicators, Bahrain, 2010-2015
- Bahrain - Industry - Structure
- Bahrain - Industry - Shareholder Rights
- Bahrain - Industry - Supportive Actions and Policies
- Trade and Investment
- Bahrain - Trade and Investment Environment
- Bahrain - Trade and Investment Environment - Trade Agreements
- Ease of Doing Business
- Bahrain - Ease of Doing Business - A Snapshot
- Bahrain - Ease of Doing Business - Setting up Business
- Bahrain - Ease of Doing Business - Starting a Business and Permits
- Bahrain - Ease of Doing Business - Electricity, Property and Credit
- Bahrain - Ease of Doing Business - Investors and Contracts
- Bahrain - Ease of Doing Business - Taxes and Trading Across Border
- Bahrain - Ease of Doing Business - Resolving Insolvency
- Tax Environment
- Bahrain - Tax Environment - Income tax
- Bahrain - Tax Environment - Property tax, Sales tax, VAT
- Bahrain - Trade Environment - Custom Tariffs