Breakthrough Delivery Technologies For Flavors And Fragrances
in a controlled manner to provide long-lasting effects. With the demand for nutrition providing foods and customized products that provide different flavor and fragrance profiles, new developments in delivery technologies are expected in future.
This research service titled “Breakthrough Delivery Technologies for Flavors and Fragrances” focuses on capturing recent innovations and developments with regard to encapsulation technologies used for delivery of flavors and fragrances. This research service includes a holistic analysis of the different processes used, which includes their technical capabilities, limitation factors affecting their adoption, and key stakeholders involved in technology adoption. Insights are provided on the road ahead for technology developers in this space. The encapsulation processes considered are segmented on the basis of the methods used, namely, physical, physio-chemical, and chemical processes. Only processes used for encapsulating flavor and fragrance compounds have been considered within the scope of this research.
In brief, this research service provides:
A brief snapshot of encapsulation delivery technologies, highlighting the advantageous properties provided.
The application landscape for flavor and fragrance encapsulation technologies, and their market segmentation.
An overview of key drivers and challenges that impact the widespread adoption of the technology.
The technology capability of various existing and emerging encapsulation technologies.
Mapping of different core and carrier materials to encapsulation technology used for various end-use applications.
Key stakeholder developments across the globe and their significance to the encapsulation industry.
Analysis of research and development (R&D) scenario, funding initiatives and collaboration initiatives across North America (NA), Europe, and Asia-pacific (APAC).
Patent analysis and trends observed among granted patents.
Insights into the road ahead for encapsulation technologies and materials used.
Growth opportunities present and critical strategies to be implemented by companies to succeed in the industry.
- Executive Summary
- Research Scope
- Research Process & Methodology
- Key Findings: Demand for Natural Products and Changing Customer Perceptions Giving Rise to New Delivery Technologies
- Industry Overview
- Customized Encapsulation Processes and Improved Flavor Profiles are Key Demands for Flavor and Fragrances Delivery
- Encapsulation Technologies are Used for Controlled Delivery of Flavors and Fragrances
- Encapsulated Flavors Widely Used in Fine Fragrances while Encapsulated Fragrances are Widely Used in the Beverages Industry
- Demand for Compounds with Long-lasting Effects Drive Adoption
- Challenges Posed by Compliance of Materials Used With Regulations Imposed and Poor Product Standardization
- Types of Encapsulation Technologies
- Common Encapsulation Technologies Are Classified According to the Nature of the Methods Used
- Spray Drying Technologies Enable Continuous Production While Spray Chilling is a Simple and Low-cost Technology
- Extrusion-based Encapsulation Forms Particles With High Shelflife
- Polymerization Technologies are Easy to Use but Demonstrate Poor Reproducibility
- Mapping of Technologies Illustrate Link Between Choice of Carrier/Core Material and End Use Applications
- Innovation Ecosystem
- Key Stakeholder Developments Allow Production of Stable Flavor Extracts
- Technology Innovations Allow Formation of Extracts in Powder Form
- Key Developments in Control Released Fragrances Activated by Motion
- Fragrance Manufacturing Companies Predominantly Cater to the Detergent Industry
- R&D Initiatives are Supplemented by Partnership Formation and Government Grants
- Funding Activities Involve Setting up of New R&D Facilities and New Product Commercialization
- Notable Joint Ventures and Acquisitions Pave Path for Process Innovations and New Product Development
- Patent Analysis
- Patent Analysis Shows More Number of Patents Granted on Flavor Encapsulation
- Patents on Polymerization Technologies Dominate, While Top Patent Assignees Mainly Include US-based Companies
- Encapsulation Technologies –The Road Ahead
- Technology Roadmap Trends Toward Customization and Widening of Application Landscape
- Analyst Perspective
- Growth Opportunities Depend on Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, and Foray into Niche Products
- Key Strategic Planning Pointers Focus on Catering to Evolving Market Trends by Overcoming Technological Challenges Faced
- Key Patents
- Key Patents from North America
- Key Patents from Europe
- Key Patents from APAC
- Key Patents from WIPO
- Key Contacts